Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Do you play SWTOR?

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2015 in General Discussion #1
I have found myself playing this more and more....it becomes another life in another Galaxy,,,
only now and not then :),
I have been gaming on a computer since the IBM 386 and DOOM Original in early early 1990's.
This game has got some amazing and unbelievable work in modeling and texturing. For a Huge MMO game.
And the story trailers are awesome. <<< the Animation Videos...Luv em...

I was just curious how many Klingons on SciFi use the Force too?

--Afterthought...Klingons discover the Force and begin using it? :D

Got 10 toons
8-Ebon Hawk
2- west coast servers.

Thon'dar
Devilkiss
--@ Ebon Hawk East coast.

Regards,

Randal R.
Post edited by RandalR on
Tagged:

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Klingons? o,_,O

I loved playing it, but I'm currently too busy with both actual work and other games....
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I used to play, but the thing that always makes me mad about MMO games is how they introduce "new and exciting features" and a host of bugs. And, it's not like offline games, where you can decide to not install the update and still play the game.

Though, quite frankly, I enjoyed it more before it went free to play because a monthly fee was all I had to pay. EA is one of the biggest money grubbing game companies in the world and they really ruined it with the stupid things that they charge for that other F2P games don't. (even subscribers have to pay to change the look of their characters, which is BS) Of course, that was probably all a compromise, since they didn't even want to got F2P, but Bioware told them that was the only way to keep the game alive. Still, that plus the persistent bugs, forced double XP weekends and a few other factors made me not want to play anymore. It's a shame too, because I really love the stories, especially the Jedi Knight, Republic Trooper and Imperial Agent stories. Though, given a choice, I'd rather have had the game be SWKOTOR 3 and offline, than what SWTOR became.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    I used to play, but the thing that always makes me mad about MMO games is how they introduce "new and exciting features" and a host of bugs. And, it's not like offline games, where you can decide to not install the update and still play the game.

Though, quite frankly, I enjoyed it more before it went free to play because a monthly fee was all I had to pay. EA is one of the biggest money grubbing game companies in the world and they really ruined it with the stupid things that they charge for that other F2P games don't. (even subscribers have to pay to change the look of their characters, which is BS) Of course, that was probably all a compromise, since they didn't even want to got F2P, but Bioware told them that was the only way to keep the game alive. Still, that plus the persistent bugs, forced double XP weekends and a few other factors made me not want to play anymore. It's a shame too, because I really love the stories, especially the Jedi Knight, Republic Trooper and Imperial Agent stories. Though, given a choice, I'd rather have had the game be SWKOTOR 3 and offline, than what SWTOR became.

I would have to agree with most of that...:)

I miss the the old DOS Games. it was you vs AI...and it left open room for imagination, and mostly, they had replay value.
    I really miss strategy based games of old also.

Some old Fav's
    X-COM UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown,,and the sequels including Apocalypse.
    Panzer General
    Command and Conquer all the way up to Renegade 3d shooter.

I will say, I have not watched or subscribed to televison in over 14 years, so, Ill pay the fee...
    better than TV.:D
    Regards,
    I hear you on the old games. Somebody got me the Sega Genesis collection for the XBOX 360 for Christmas. I've been in '80s and '90s gaming heaven. It has 10 RPGs on it, including two that have to be unlocked. (it's really easy to do so) They're fantastic, especially compared to the newer MMORPGs. I've been playing Phantasy Star, which is an old Master System game that has to be unlocked by beating Dr. Robotnik the first time in Sonic 2 on 2 player mode (I just signed in with a second account on a second controller) and it's been a blast.

I've got to agree with you on the TV bit. I've been less and less enamored with TV shows of late. I have AT&T U-Verse with hundreds of stations, but I may drop that soon and just keep the Internet and cheapo home phone service. Besides, services like Hulu Plus, Netflix and Amazon Prime have a lot of the shows on these days as well as older stuff, you can watch what you want when you want and only pay a low monthly fee.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Didn't play Panzer Generals, and from the X-COM-Franchise only the new one, Enemy Unknown. But I'm a big fan of C&C and the likes.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    "I hear you on the old games. Somebody got me the Sega Genesis collection for the XBOX 360 for Christmas. I've been in '80s and '90s gaming heaven."

Oh man, that gave me a rush of flashbacks...Sega Genesis...16 BIT GFX woot woot :D
    Even had a Colecovision later on. It had Hand grips that wrapped around your whole hand with like 5 trigger
    buttons and more -with even a Joystick on top and lots more button,
    the hand grip itself was a toy :)

Was thinking also of the old Nes 1 games, Ring King, Legend of Zelda to name a couple.

I have to say, two of the worst games ever in that era.... Independance Day ( the Game for the movie)
    and Predator for Genesis lol.

I got the new Xcom Enemy Unknown, but it's just Unreal Tournament, its the very same engine.
    Nothing at all like the first one. I still often play the original Xcom with Dos box.

Cool beans man.

Randal R.
    I had Independence Day. Yeah, it was pretty awful. Fly around and shoot stuff. Next level, do the same. It didn't even seem to really follow the movie. It was nowhere near as good as some other flying games for the Playstation, such as Air Combat (first game in the "Ace Combat" series.) I played that through again a few months back on my PS2.

Though, realistically, the '90s had a lot of bad games. I used to buy a lot of movie games because I thought it would be cool because I loved the movie. Not so much. Batman Returns and Batman Forever were both pretty icky. (especially Batman Forever, it was even worse than the film) I have both of those for the SNES, though my SNES stuff is all boxed up these days. That's mainly becuase I seem to have bought a lot of crappy games for that system. Though, I bought some decent ones too, like Super Star Wars. (which, unfortunately, I seem to have lost somewhere) That one was always fun, though some of the platforming got a bit annoying. You didn't always die when you fell, but you did frequently fall all the way to the bottom and have to start over. And, of course, Super TESB and ROTJ were good too.

A good website for old games is GOG (Good Old Games.) I don't know if you've been there, but I've gotten some old classics, like the original 2 Duke Nukem games (pre 3D) and the entire Wing Commander series. A lot of that stuff runs on a preconfigured version of DOSBox. :) Steam also has some good old games. I've got Duke Nukem 3D on there, and they have other cool stuff from the '90s, like Shadow Warrior and the Thief games. I almost bought the Genesis games they have on there, but I'm glad I didn't since I have that collection for the 360 now. There are some differences, but they have a lot of the same games. Though, one thing about Steam is that they also sell the games individually, which is good. One game I need to get still for the Genesis is Landstalker: The Legend of King Nole. It's a really cool Zelda-like action RPG. In fact, it's basically Sega's answer to Zelda. I used to have it, but I don't anymore and I'm really wanting to play it again.

Wow, it's amazing the memories that get dug up with a subject like this. :D