Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

T shirt ideas

spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2014 in General Discussion #1
OK, i am planning to get some cgi work of mine(the hellhound fighter, now finished) printed on a t-shirt. I wanted some advice on the composition of the image and what sort of layout would be good. The printing method will be "that plastic like stuff which gets "ironed" on". Can you advise on what colours are a good choice, the printing equipment can deal with grey colours that are close together but my image is very grey. Look at the colours on my (earlier)renders of the hellhound fighter to get an idea of the colours. I can do background alpha channels and am not forced to do square images where everything withn the aquare is printed and everything outside is shirt material, but the shapes of the alpha regions can't be too complex (cutting out the ship is ok, cutting out silicon chip circuit style traces is not). Please suggest what colour of shirt an image of a ship with that much grey would look good on, and please suggest cool layouts for the image, how to combine multiple views of the model into 1 overall graphic (i mean advice on how to position them for good composition, not advice on how to use photshop/GIMP, i already know the practical methods for the editing i will require), and please suggest what layouts i could use that allow for pleasing looking "inset" images (little detail shots and such),suggestions of somewhat funny(but not rude, crude or innuendo) slogans that could look good with it will also be gladly received, and ideas about general background patterning whihc is not too demanding from an alpha perspective are alos helpful.
Thanks
Post edited by spacefighter on