Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSoyuz-TMA(Real-Life spacecraft)

-=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Hello Guys!
Well...so much time since i dont do any 3D,so now its a time for back :)
I still like spacecrafts,but this time...dont wanted Scifi,so lets make some real life stuff :)
the Russian Soyuz-TMA spacecraft! Its not 100% accuarcy model from original soyuz,i think will be 15-20% range for little mistakes..
107269.jpg
Post edited by -=sAs=- on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks great to me so far. :)
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Here the next update
    107274.jpg
    Wow, you added a lot of detail in a short amount of time. It looks great. :)
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Ah, yes, good ole Soyuz. Since 1967 older than the Lada and still in use.
    I hope to see some Orions and Dragon V2's too.
    I think after soyuz,will stay in russian space things :P
    Vostok 1 or the soyuz LOK with lander (the soviet moon program)
    Dont know yet,but also thinking on MIR

Not really like the modern spacecrafts,like dragon,orion...but Apollo? this can be also :)
    Those all sound cool, but I'd really love to see MIR. Plus, if you do MIR, you'll have something for your Soyuz to dock with. :)
    MIR bit hard stuff,not much (HD) image from MIR...
    For soyuz have some option to dock.
    International space station lot of good resource,but that blah...not hard,just much much work need for ISS :)
    Or maybe Salyut stations,but also low res images from this... -.-' but sure easier
    Skylab...nope,as i know,soyuz never dock to Skylab,so this can be wierd :D

Or one last option,the Apollo-Soyuz program,when two spacecraft dock each other (problem is,my soyuz is from modern times)
    Will see :)
    So many options, so little time. ;)

Yeah, with MIR being from the Cold War era, I'd imagine it would be harder to find references for that.
    Working on thermal blanket
    107288.jpg
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice modelling !! Can't wait to see some more progress !
    I love the thermo-cover.

S.
    You did a really nice job on the fabric simulation. :thumb:
    Got this one yesterday. Check it ;-)
    http://www.ninfinger.org/models/vault2004/soyuz%20tm%20%26%20tma%20reference%20drawings/souyz-tm-9-ordraw.jpg

Remembered then i've known his site (Ninfingers) bevore. Thanks for your supply.

S.

ps: check your Inbox please ^^
  • Hey sAs you've got stuck in your message box, it's completely full. Clear it, i can't pm you.
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Yeah, great job on the fabric. Thermal blankets keep me away from modeling current spacecraft, so it is impressive to see it done well.
    PScargile: Same was here too...i wanted make this years,just thermal cover made me problems :)

Today finally back to soyuz,so started working on propulsion block.
    Thermal blanket just clean,pure version...details later come
    107346.jpg
    THAT's really sweet ! Great job with this model !!

S.
    I still can't get over how great that thermal blanket looks. Overall, everything is looking great so far.
    Some small update on the propulsion block.
    107436.jpg107437.jpg
    It's looking great. :)

I was looking at a photo taken from the ISS on NASA's site yesterday that had a couple of these in it. :)
    :thumb:

Where is the Envy emoticon when you need it?
    Solar panels are Done and animated!
    So lets some fun with orbital module
    107454.jpg107455.jpg107456.jpg
    Those look great. I hope we're going to get to see an animation of this when it's done. :D
    Orbital module...so much detail in top,docking port...antenna...etc...
    First,Docking port is done.
    107546.jpg
    That looks fantastic.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    The level of detail and accuracy in your model are incredible. Keep up the good work! :thumb:
    What's the trick to doing a lot of detail fast? No sleeping? Caffeine and cocaine? :o

Recently I learned that the panels in the ISS change color depending on the sunlight angle, which is why they sometimes appear brown, and sometimes blue. I always thought one was the backside, which wouldn't make sense if you looking at sunlight panels.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    I've shared the link to this thread and some experts immediately pointed out they don't like the shape of the reentry module, since it should be more bell-shaped instead of having "walls" so vertical… I wonder if the mesh would allow to fix it easily?
    psCargile:Thats good to know! i read some thing about ISS and other space things,but that color change never notice. Usefull info for sure! thx
    DarkSapiens:
    Main shape bad at all yep i know,but when i realise this problem,too late...Maybe one day,when have better skills on CG,will make a 99% correct model :)
    Problem from blueprints,when i think i found good one,then see other what again different.The bell shape is basic mistake what i really sorry,if you see landed soyuz capsule image,clearly see the shape...-.-' but make it into "bell"..well...some hours of fun for sure.
    Its my first project from real space things,in start had some problem,i didnt do any 3d 1 year long or 1,5..On next soviet space project im sure will more accuary on model :)
    107609.jpg
    I think it looks great. Unfortunately, you can get inconsistency in fan made blueprints, which is what it sounds like happened here.
  • GaborVGaborV0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! The material of fabric coverage and solar panels are beautiful! :thumb:

Do you plan to make even more models?