Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Avengers 2012 - HELICARRIER

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys !, appreciate it ...

@ tobian:

lol ... knowing the work you've done on your Space Station is an outstanding achievement in itself, and your dedication to that project ;) ...

@ spacefighter:

The Helicarrier will be matched to The Avengers movie version .... and do intend to do the winter soldier variants ;)

@ DCB:

Work done on the Quinjet is the result of a lot of time studying Refs, and a lot of prep, ... It's the unseen work requiring countless hours that most people can relate to here when going for accuracy. Half my time working on the Quinjet has been spent observing details from reference material that is available to anyone online, and of course taking screen caps from the movie itself. I have no special access to any additional material. It just comes down to attention to detail, and the time you're willing to spend doing it.

Thanks again guys ! :thumb:

Jas
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome just awesome, what more can I say
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    WOW!!! And I thought your AT-AT was pretty amazing. This is just crazy. Wish I had your dedication.

Al
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Loving watching this come together, its inspiring mate! :)
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Basically just contacted after seeing my work online, ... was also contacted recently by a member of 'Agents of Shield' production team, though can't say any details about that .... but was a nice surprise ! ;)

SO! Season one of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is over. Can you tell us now what they contacted you for?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Obviously not he prob work in on season 2 graphics
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    If I were going to guess, I'd guess that he worked on the graphics for "The Bus," and for Garret's team's transport.
    Thanks guys ! :thumb: ,....

Just to clarify, .. I was contacted by a member of the AOS production team regarding my work, though can't mention what that discussion was about .. but I'm not actually involved with AOS ....

Below are just a couple of pics showing one of the detailed items for the Quinjet interior, ... Will be showing more very soon of the updated Interior ....

Cheers !

Jas

*EDIT* - Pics Updated - Post #165
    fantastic work! all the details ... I love it
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that's amazing work, glad to see more on this model.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Hmm, you didn't match the lighting properly. I'd say delete the model completely and start again :shiner:

Superb work!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome.

:thumb:
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    That's pretty freaking awesome, I mean this whole thread.
    Thanks Guys ! .... Always appreciated ! .. :thumb:

@ tobian: :p

Did a few refinements to the Console (just some additional small details, and a couple of minor adjustments), .... A screen display will be done for it later, that should be a close match to the movie ....

The Console Headset will be shown for the next update ....

Jas

Click on Links to view Full Size - 1440 x 900

Quinjet INT WIP 012

xGVBIC.jpg Full Size Pic

Quinjet INT WIP 013

qmI2jD.jpg Full Size Pic
    awesome ... just awesome! great work!
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Should have done this some time ago - welcome to the header ;)
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good as always Binkerman. Congrats on the header.

Btw, do you do all the high poly detail for hard surface models in Zbrush as well? I'd be interested in hearing about your workflow in that case.
    Cheers Guys ! :thumb:

A couple of WIP pics that didn't get posted last year ...

Will be finishing off the headset, and also show the Control Console Area for the Quinjet Interior on the next update .... A couple of Helicarrier pics will be included soon, just to get the older stuff posted first, ...

@ Martocticvs:

Thanks mate !, ... was a nice surprise ! :cool:

@ DCB:

No, I still prefer to build hard surface detail and base model's in MAX, .... The Control Console was all done in MAX (All Geo no Textures), ... ZBrush will be used quite a lot for Character work later, ....

Anyway guys !, ... Just wanted to wish everyone All the Best for 2015 ! ....

Jas

Click on the Links to view Full Size - 1440 x 900

QUINJET WIP 014

z3uyAV.jpg Full Size Pic

QUINJET WIP 015

mgjDfr.jpg Full Size Pic
    wow ... that I call details ... great work!
    Indeed, spot on.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Impressive details! I'll be expecting a fully modeled Phil Coulson and Black Widow next :-)
    Thanks guys ! ...

@ tobian:

I have actually considered doing Coulson, and collected a lot of refs for that job .... so it could happen down the track, ... though will be doing standard SHIELD Pilots for the Quinjet Cockpit, ... But the initial Hi-Res character work will be the Helicarrier Deck Crew, .... as they will be seen a lot for stuff planned later ...

Jas
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    awwwwesoomme!!! Gonna be done in time for Avengers 2?? :p You probably got some good ref from Winter Soldier too huh
    Thanks Jap ! ...

Didn't actually work on the Helicarrier at all during 2014, ... just busy with other things going on, ...

But as you know, .. I did do some Interior work for the QuinJet in 2014, .... and have recently returned to the Helicarrier this year to continue with it, ... So a good time to post older renders first, that show a significant jump with work done to the Helicarrier since you last saw it, ....

Currently, I'm working on completing the Island detail, and Wishbone Area .... Once this lower-res version is completed, it will basically be the starting point for the High Res version that will feature close-ups later, ....

Cheers !

Jas

Click on Links to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

JBbm91.jpg Full Size Pic

7Zcifk.jpg Full Size Pic

rlt6c3.jpg Full Size Pic

hPdaFT.jpg Full Size Pic

OU6jqD.jpg Full Size Pic
    omg .... thats fantastic!
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    This is insane! Nicely done
    Have missed this thing, always an awesome feast of detail.

:thumb:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    To me, nothing on this model looks low res. It all looks fantastic. :)
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Well f**k me with a magic hammer, it's been worth the wait!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I gotta say, I LOVE all the little stairwells and support cables, those really sell this thing. Well done.