Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBSG Series- The Chase-Ressurrect (remake)

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Did it to myself again.

I was just thinking of something to work on. So, I started messing with the TOS Raider Thrusters.
Then the Cockpit some. And I just watched my video The Chase-Ressurrect, and thought this is good, it just
needs refined,redone.

Render Shots from Animation Sequences.

I was thinking that this should be relatively quik,simple re-opening old scenes and updating everything.
I also re- did the Lasers of the Raider. (no pics yet) And created a scene set up for Particle Pdeflector-
--Is not yet correct, but I can now make the laser bolts explode on impact...:D ----

Hopefully I can figure it out enough to make it work and look good... :)

Regards,

Randal R.
106439.jpg
106430.png
106431.png
106432.jpg
106433.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on

• RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    FYI- Test run uploaded.

Video Deleted
    Hold on to something,....this may get good. <grin>

Wip update. Video.

Video Deleted..

Already noticed a hiccup in the Double Explosion. Like a repeated frame.
    Same clip, changed to DOF, but it really fraks up the stars.
    May Re render in 2 passses.

--again proof that uploads can go bad....same footage,renders in both ( darker scenes)
    have differing contrasts from same footage, fyi
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool new engines on the cylon ship, part of me thinks antimatter powered beams (of matter and antimatter?) appear to head towards collision at the centre of the nozzle. the lighting and explosion effects are good especially those near the end of the latest video. the motion blur on the first few viper shots (and possibly some later ones) is much too high, it would be better if we just saw the ship clearly, it's motion is enough to create blur in the mind if not in each frame of the video.
    Was thinking the same exact thing on the Viper Motion Blur. May be too much. But does look sleek :)

Currently re doing the Double/Triple explosion in Multi pass. Needs DOF on the Cap ship. but not on the Raiders or lasers.
    ( long Render----) Also, re- did the Camera Animation some, well see how it looks when animated out.

I also had the thought of maybe adding pics of how I made the Thrusters-- I likes em too, they're Gorgeous!

And other clips that remain Top Secret Colonial Fleet. lol

Couple of Screenies Attached.
    106464.png106465.png
    even worse than the viper motion blur being too much it is on both ends of the viper as if one is seeing double/triple/quadruple rather than a blurred streak behind it. would like to see some pics of the details of the engines (thrusters? i've always used that word to mean small rcs and shunting rockets).
    This is gettin good....:)

[video=youtube_share;hp69zZQD2hk]

Fixed one clip with too much Motion Blur. R13 is a bitch.Either on or off..no detailing blur ( with effect).based on Cam-movement. Added some new clips.Reshot the Double/Triple Explosion shot of 2 raiders.Last clip am thinking of finish the shot with rdr blowing up with a Viper swooping in from Cam angle.
    But I do believe I have on a few occasions gotten those Damn Motion Blur Tags to actually work with Standard Renderer, but it had to have been accidental or a good glitch for a change ,,

I also attaching Image.. bout the best way I could think of in the few minutes I did it....:)
    Of the Layout of the TOS Raider Thrusters. Each part is pulled out.And the Flare is sizably reduced.
    <is that a word...sizably? >

Will Probably have to Reshoot the last clip witout te blah (without the blur)

Thanks you for Revisiting.
    106495.jpg
    This is my hobby. And I loved BSG in 1978,,,, the year after or of the Midwest Blizzard.
    I still remember the snow and the streets from that storm.
    I am thinking of doing the NuBSG raider with new weps and thrstrs like the TOS one I did
    in this video.

I just think it is so cool, fun, and educational to make these animation/videos.
    Doesn't anyone else think so?
    LINK

Update #4
    Re-rendered viper clip w/o motion blur. Reshot last clip from update 3 with a Viper in scene.Added a new clip. Added a few Sound Efx.
    Spent 2 days setting up the last clip in this update. And it may need to be redone and new animation tracks,Maybe also some more efx to trail Blasted Raider.Also have added more audio track edits, so video may end up being 3:00 to 3:30 mins total time.
    106532.png
    UPdate- Mostly finished. But am seriously thinking of extending this with
    the second Audio Track.

[video=vimeo;102472645]

Thanks for visiting.
    i've taken a look at the most recent video on here and i must say you're camera work is great. the moment when a raider blows up at 01:12 looks a bit wrong(jagged triangular lumps of geometry in the fragments) but i understand that this is a pretty difficult problem to cure without making the model far higher poly, your best solution might be to cover the fragments more with the fireball so that the triangular nature of them can;t be seen so easily. the blast at 01:20 is great, that type of explosion would be good to see in other places(coupled with those nice smokeball effects you've created). The shots at the end of having the camera fly into the cockpit are nice but having the human and cylon scenes immediately after each other looks far too "gimmicky", they could both be used(though the human figure could use some work) but not together,separate those two scenes by several other scenes inbetween(otherwise it looks like the sort of thing that belongs in a hyped up trailer but not a finished film/animation). and lastly i think the kicking in of the screaming part of the music track(just before the fragmenting raider scene) is horrid, the screaming rather distracts one from the video. the music up until that point is good.
    p.s. the battlestar is looking great(seems more textured now with more visible differences in colour between certain panelling regions). and one other thing, i might be able to provide you with a pilot figure if it helps. i downloaded the figure ages ago at some site(can't remember where) but modified it a bit since and it can be provided with "full rig" in dae or blender format, it would be better than the current pilot model but i'm not sure who you'd need to credit.
    i've taken a look at the most recent video on here and i must say you're camera work is great. the moment when a raider blows up at 01:12 looks a bit wrong(jagged triangular lumps of geometry in the fragments) but i understand that this is a pretty difficult problem to cure without making the model far higher poly, your best solution might be to cover the fragments more with the fireball so that the triangular nature of them can;t be seen so easily. the blast at 01:20 is great, that type of explosion would be good to see in other places(coupled with those nice smokeball effects you've created). The shots at the end of having the camera fly into the cockpit are nice but having the human and cylon scenes immediately after each other looks far too "gimmicky", they could both be used(though the human figure could use some work) but not together,separate those two scenes by several other scenes inbetween(otherwise it looks like the sort of thing that belongs in a hyped up trailer but not a finished film/animation). and lastly i think the kicking in of the screaming part of the music track(just before the fragmenting raider scene) is horrid, the screaming rather distracts one from the video. the music up until that point is good.
    p.s. the battlestar is looking great(seems more textured now with more visible differences in colour between certain panelling regions). and one other thing, i might be able to provide you with a pilot figure if it helps. i downloaded the figure ages ago at some site(can't remember where) but modified it a bit since and it can be provided with "full rig" in dae or blender format, it would be better than the current pilot model but i'm not sure who you'd need to credit.

This will require several times to read.

the last 2 shots are remakes of the final 2 shots of the original. I dont think I will leave these in.
    I thought the same, seem cheeky kind of. The Facial Zooms.

I also thought of trying the Surface emitters on some pieces as in Apocalypse baseship exploson, the render time goes thru the roof. And takes a lot longer for me to get to render test -render the particles.. But its usually worth it.
    As I get more used to making these explosions, I can add more to them and tinker more.
    Audio- I did it turn it down a decibel on Music track, but that part you speak of needs separated Volume, and turned down.I would probably prefer the Voiced to be lowered instead, but its stuck to a track.
    It is loud on the track.

Will work on it somemore soon, I just kinda signed onto a Star Wars Fan Film to do the CG space animations for it.
    My first collab really. First other than myself project. :)

Thanks man.

Regards,
    Update- This just includes 2 new scenes/shots/clips. Tried fixing the bent laser bolts,
    glitched. so took some bullets out.I rebuilt it and all and still did it on those 3-4 laser bolts from TOS Rdr.
    Added some More SFX also.
    I have retextured the TOS Battlestar by David Kerin. Not All of it. Most.
    with what few Space hull textures I have.

You can see the old one I had in this and the new re skinned one.
    Am debating on re-doing those clips with old BStar.

Also, I had a long clip, but broke it into 2 because the Animation looked bad.
    timing was too fast, and my Sony Speed tricks dint help.

May re-do the Nu rdr atacck clips back into one if I can get the animation to look right.

This is only from the end of the Remake video.
    Spent a lot of time on these 3 scenes, and I think they made need redoing,.
    The camera, and the Craft animations just aint looking right. Why I am posting it :

Thanks
    Updated:

Swapped out TOS Battlestar that I re-textured most of in all scenes. ( where u can tell )
    Tried to Improve the Animations and Cam Moves.Improved some, I can accept em as is.
    (maybe)

I made a big screw up. I had already re done a scene, then started rendering that from another scene,
    so, I had to re make it as I kept seeing wrongs in the Picture!. So I basically re built it again.
    Then I rendered from both, so it will get re done because you can see the lighting differences tween the two
    rebuilds. Where I rendered some footage from a different scene of the same build. NAming a file has an important
    funxction. lol

I also Photoshopped into the sequence more red on the NuRdr so to see the eye. Will have to re-do after reshoot of of clip mentioned above. ( cant notice it, to quik)

Also New- Intro Clip- We Are Going to Crash...: )

Thanks for Revisiting.
    Most up to date as of post.
    For future viewers.
    The Completed Video

[video=vimeo;103410078]

Yowsa!