Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThunderbird 2 (re-imagined )

12346»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice.

Are you going with Andreson look of London or the Movie version?
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Yup, that'd be awesome. If you need help on populating your world with stuff, let me know. I might be able to whip something for you up ^__^

Well, if you have anything in the way of cool buildings, I'd love to see them! In this particular shot, because it's taken from a still of London, it'll probably be best to do the background as a single-render matt painting than full 3D, but I'm bouncing around things at the moment so may not have time to plough into background stuff as much as the actual vehicles themselves - which sucks, but it's still a fun part-time thing to be involved in.
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Very sad news about Gerry ... his shows were excellent, ... and will always be remembered as one of the Icons of SciFi entertainment ...

Keep it up mate ...

Yep, spent half of Boxing Day crying I'm not too proud to admit.
    Freak wrote: »
    Are you going with Andreson look of London or the Movie version?

A friend of mine is sourcing me some ideas from Dan Dare, as this particular shot was inspired by asking around for ideas and "futuristic London" came up. So, it was an iconic image of London, then some CG elements (albeit crudely placed right now), and "hey, I've been meaning to have Thunderbirds fly around London for a while!".
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=887262623654[/video]

Right, just seeing if this will embed from Facey-B so I don't have to re-upload it to PoopTube. Rendered in preview mode because I'm lazy, and a few things I want to change. But, it was a fun little animation to work on!
  • Mr. AmasawaMr. Amasawa0 Posts: 0Member
    I made an account here for the purpose of letting you know how inspiring your work is. I myself am working on a Thunderbirds parody called Tsunderebirds, which involves redesigns of all of the Thunderbirds crafts. I do not really know the first thing about what makes an aircraft functional, but here they are.
    TsunderebirdsPoster_zpsfdd520e5.png
    Tsunderebird2LandingGear_zps9a953a62.png
    Keep up the amazing work!
    Yo all. Long time no SFM... Anyway, I'm reporting from a fresh new computer (shiny) and thought I'd get back into CG. As a result, I've decided to have another, and hopefully slightly better, crack at this TB1 design. I was never 110% happy with how it came out, although I liked the vague idea. I think it's going a bit more industrial than sci-fi right now, but definitely beefier.

TB1_004.jpg

TB1_005.jpg

TB1_006.jpg
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I log on and see this? Wow... Awesome man! Even though I'm not sure I like that blocked endpiece, the rest looks great. Good to see you're back!
    Well, lucky for you the block at the back is temporary! :D
    Small amounts of progress. Mostly trying to keep the mesh clean and doing a proper job of it for a change. The SR-71 influence is coming through nicely, though.

TB1_HD_001.jpg

TB1_HD_002.jpg

TB1_HD_003.jpg
    And some gear and hidden VTOL thrusters. These being major headaches from the previous version, so this is really with them built in from the start.

TB1_HD_004.jpg

TB1_HD_005.jpg
    And some cockpit work which is, of course, animated now.

TB1_033.jpg

TB1_034.jpg
    Really digging those revolving thrusters. Adds a lot of play factor if this were a toy, too!
    I'm getting a lot of play out of the CG version, actually.

TB1_035.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice seat folding access mechanism. cockpit screens look cool also.
    Did you SEE THIS!?!?! Shots from the new Thunderbirds!
    Well, I'm gonna give up on this and go home because F**KING SPLOOSH!! http://rocketumbl.tumblr.com/post/93947737360
    Wow. TB2 looks hideous and so does TB5. The rest are just little changes to the vehicles. Meh, they could've done better than that! Please, do continue!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    TB1 one looks good, 4 looks great. 2 is far too bulky and I'm on the fence with 3. 5 is definitely a departure, but looks realistic enough. It'll be interesting to see it on release. I hope they put the actors on string. :p