Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Help with next new ship

SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
edited July 2014 in Looking for... #1
I have been fortunate in past, to have artists create my Star Trek ships, from my basic ideas and sketches. I have one final ship that needs working on, unfortunately both artists are busy and cannot take on any work at present. I am usually charged $50 for fully completed work, and am seeking an artist who can work on my next ship. Here are sketches so far
106325.jpg
106326.JPG
106327.JPG
106328.JPG
Post edited by SATR on
1.jpg 14.3K
2.JPG 5.9K
3.JPG 350.1K
4.JPG 68.7K
Tagged:

• indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    Wow.....so since your last post you`ve dropped your price for this kind of work from Aï¿¡50 to $60?. I am interested in seeing who would take this job and what kind of overheads they may have, if any.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    i have easily found an artist who is doing this ship for me, at my specified price
  • indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    SATR wrote: »
    i have easily found an artist who is doing this ship for me, at my specified price

Im hoping you get what you pay for and you`re happy. Feel free to show us both your commissions when they`re done. I would be very interested to see what you get for that price.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i'm no expert on 3d pricing but i would say this ship could be done to the level of detail shown in those sketches for under Aï¿¡50, though unless it is for 3d printing i can't see what a model with this low a detail level can be used for. if it's just a personal project for use in rendering you could drop on some pre-made greebles of the type you will find on many 3d model download sites to make it a bit better, "dropping on" greebles would be easy work with a move tool of some kind. modelling for 3d printing can be easier than modelling for rendering but the "dropping on" of greebles couldn't be done there as it would result in non-watertight geometry, modelling for a print however does avoid having to worry about "good geometry", as long as it's watertight it will work. the main thing however that makes me comment here is this: "how many ships do you want modelled?". because i would suggest that you will get better satisfaction by learning 3d modelling for yourself, you won't have to pay anyone and you can make as many models as you like to whatever quality you desire. here is a link to an old tutorial of mine that may help you

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sketchup-3D-modelling-file-conversion-and-advice-/

it shows the techniques for 3d modelling using only free software and tools. if you start learning 3d modelling there are no end of people who will be happy to advise and there are no end of tutorial videos on youtube.