Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSovereign Suggestions?

123457»

• MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    This is a very nice ship you got there. Yeah some variations from the original one. But it is full of some interesting ideas.
  • jrhotteljrhottel9 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, it's finally coming together. Do you have a interest in the Sovereign?
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Yes. It is my all time favorite ship class of the Federation. My fictional flagship is with only it's name in my signature. A Gold grill colored Sovy.
    Remanufactured stardrive panels and lower chevron. A bit more clean up required. I think, I'm going the make doors for the torpedo tubes. Also thinking on quantum torpedos and and probe launches in chevron.
    Screenshot-(46).jpg
    105945.jpg
  • PhoenixfettPhoenixfett172 Posts: 26Member
    OH WOW!
    What do you think? Torpedo tube doors and secondary deflector covered.
    Screenshot-(47).jpgScreenshot-(48).jpg
    105948.jpg105949.jpg
  • prisoner881prisoner881336 Posts: 30Member
    jrhottel wrote: »
    Sovereign Yacht Hanger Rough.
    Attachment not found.

HANGAR, not hanger. The former is where you dock a ship. The latter is what you put your coat on.
    Things that keep us humble. Thanks.
  • PhoenixfettPhoenixfett172 Posts: 26Member
    So amazing, i have lots of issues with curved shapes, that's why i'm so happy my vor'cha is mainly flat :D
    Thanks. I have admired your vor'cha. I mostly use 3ds max thought at some point I'm going to do a complete project in Maya. NURBS surfaces can be your friend in the creation of curved surfaces. I really need to learn them indepth. Once converted to editable poly you can use soft selection and the FFD modifier, or push and pull but result are often less satisfactory. If you cut windows or the like you really have no choice but to start over if you find the base shape needs improvement. Those save iterations or keeping a copy of the original NURBS part can really save some time. I'm not sure of the construction method used by most but for me I create the basic ship with primitives and editable poly methods. Then I make individual over laying panel of manageable size. Then remove under-laying polygons of the base model leaving something like a skeleton. Later I attach the overlay panel to the base skeleton to make a single part. The final asset to be made by retopologizing a lower poly continuous mesh and baking normal maps.
  • Dayton3Dayton30 Posts: 0Member
    I'll contribute here.

The highest speed ever given for the Enterprise-D in TNG was Warp 9.65 in "Q Who" and the ship was STILL accelerating. The official ST:TNG Technical Manual states that the D reached Warp 9.7 during that episode which is roughly equivalent to the original Enterprise in "That Which Survives" where the Enterprise with overloading engines for about one second reaches Warp 14.1

The Enterprise-D also attains Warp 9.6 in two episodes (The Best of Both Worlds and the one with Tasha's sister). Apparently Warp 9.6 can be maintained for a few hours.

I remember reading about the time of First Contact that the Sovereign class Enterprise-E was "not more advanced than the Galaxy class because it was at about the same technological level, but it had larger engines so it is faster". Given that I suspect the Sovereign class tops out with sustained speed of around Warp 9.8.

The same material said that the Sovereign was designed to be highly maneuverable at sublight speeds (for combat). So much in fact that the Sovereign could outmaneuver ships LESS THAN HALF its size.
  • dbrasco2069dbrasco20690 Posts: 2Member
    jrhottel wrote: »
    A complete redesign of the stardrive is in progress. I'm less than half way through. It's not at a good stage of showing but I'm not patent enough to wait. Beside it might prove interesting. Again work in progress. Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

This is very good. I like your attention to detail. There are a few artifacts when you're zoomed in tight, but they aren't major. I'm guessing it's bc you're modeling in NURBS and converting to polys. That work flow can certainly result in artifacting.
    Re-imagining the yacht.Yacht-#1.jpgYacht-#2.jpg
    108675.jpg108676.jpg
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Dayton3 wrote: »
    I'll contribute here.

The highest speed ever given for the Enterprise-D in TNG was Warp 9.65 in "Q Who" and the ship was STILL accelerating. The official ST:TNG Technical Manual states that the D reached Warp 9.7 during that episode which is roughly equivalent to the original Enterprise in "That Which Survives" where the Enterprise with overloading engines for about one second reaches Warp 14.1

The Enterprise-D also attains Warp 9.6 in two episodes (The Best of Both Worlds and the one with Tasha's sister). Apparently Warp 9.6 can be maintained for a few hours.

I remember reading about the time of First Contact that the Sovereign class Enterprise-E was "not more advanced than the Galaxy class because it was at about the same technological level, but it had larger engines so it is faster". Given that I suspect the Sovereign class tops out with sustained speed of around Warp 9.8.

The same material said that the Sovereign was designed to be highly maneuverable at sublight speeds (for combat). So much in fact that the Sovereign could outmaneuver ships LESS THAN HALF its size.

-Worf says the Enterprise's Red Line is Warp 9.3. The Redline generally refers to the ships design limits.
    -During Best of Both Worlds Enterprise maintains Warp 9.6 for 12 hours.
    -Star Trek has linked Warp Core output with maximum speed

Sovereign has a 7 Stream Warp Core so it generates more power. The question is how do they use the power.
    During Nemesis it's clear Enterprise-E can power it's shield at a higher level when not at maximum warp as well as regenerate that shield. Sovereign has smaller warp coils but has a better Warp profile than Galaxy. Enterprise couldn't outrun Scimitar and everyone knew they couldn't so it's likely Sovereign matches Galaxy in top speed.

From the evidence I've gathered:

Galaxy: (at the end of TNG) Year 2370
    Shields: 1800+ PWs (Petawats) est.
    Phasers: 70 PWs (est.)
    Photons: 300 PWs proven

Sovereign:
    Shields: 2,944 PW (est.)
    Phasers: 91 PWs (est)
    Photons: 420 PWs (proven)
    Quantums: 675 PWs (proven)

While we know Defiant from harder evidence
    Defiant:
    Shields: 2720 PW's (est.)
    Pulse Phasers: 105 PW's per single volley (proven)
    Photons 420PWs (proven)
    Quantums 675 PWs (proven)

Defiant really is about four times more powerful than Sovereign's Firepower. Defiant's can fire 4 shots in a second for a total of 420 PW's (a second) While the transnational Phaser array fires 90 PW's (a second) on Sovereign.

My Research can be found here: http://www.stexcalibur.com/forum/index.php?topic=7941.100

Defiant, Prometheus and Sovereign are the strongest ships in the Fleet (In this order)
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member

Jrhottel, I really like your Sovereign Suggestions? I’m looking for a 3D model of a Sovereign class Starship for my Star Trek fan fiction. My ship is named Endeavour. Her registration number is NCC-82801. If interested please let me know. Love your ideas! 🖖🏾
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Rory1707 wrote: »
    Jrhottel, I really like your Sovereign Suggestions? I’m looking for a 3D model of a Sovereign class Starship for my Star Trek fan fiction. My ship is named Endeavour. Her registration number is NCC-82801. If interested please let me know. Love your ideas! 🖖🏾

You seriously bumped a six year old thread for this???
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    @lennier1 six years ago I wasn’t on this thread! Thanks for the update! 🖖🏾