Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestar Apocalypse: The Battle Begins (Cinema4d)

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Am continuing the Wip with new title and thread.

There is plenty still for me to add, redo, in the footage done. And much more to do in scenes I got in mind.
I do appreciate input. I have seen the video enuff to easily lose sight of something.

Spoiler Alert! "Apollo, do you read?"

[video=vimeo;94009565]

[video=dailymotion;x1t59ik]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t59ik_battlestar-apocalypse-the-battle-begins-cinema4d_shortfilms[/video]

All done in C4d. No post at all.

Stay Tuned....

"I just cant make it fast enough so I can see what I haven't made.... :D "

EDIT:

OMG I just Noticed a TYPO in the Apocalypse text...wow
105805.jpg
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    one never notices one's own typo's when they are in a place which is inconvenient to get at and change. i have it all the time in modelling, having to check the spelling of a word i know perfectly five times just because it's going to be modelled as a geometric text object so will be hard to alter later on.
    image quality seems improved in this video, not sure if it's just vimeo doing less compression than youtube. smoke trails still too narrow at many points but of good quality in the raider exploding scene(as i mentioned before). still has the same texture problem on the galactica's hull, but turret texture improved. given the detail level of the mesh this hull texture issue can certainly be fixed just be applying a tiled metal/grime texture to the hull with fairly large size for each tile.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Also, You never know when all Hell falls in on you, and nothing works the way it is supposed to. then you spend all your time tracking why/what is causing the aberration. When everything was working just fine. Nice to know that it is not only I that experiences these technical difficulties lol

Got A update too. Spent all Night trying to add in Sfx and cleaning this up. Just a few more things and this puppy will officially be part 1...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnhOKvvrJQ

Mr. Spacefighter may get a credit for Crit. Assist- waddya think? :D
    Also, You never when all Hell falls in on you, and nothing works the way it is supposed to. then you spend all your time tracking why/what is causing the aberration. When everything was working just fine. Nice to know that it is not only I that experiences these technical difficulties lol

Got A update too. Spent all Night trying to add in Sfx and cleaning this up. Just a few more things and this puppy will officially be part 1...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnhOKvvrJQ

Mr. Spacefighter may get a credit for Crit. Assist- waddya think?

[video=dailymotion;x1tc5xl]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tc5xl_battlestar-apocalypse-the-battle-begins-v2-0-cinema4d_creation[/video]
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    did you double post for a reason you should be able to edit the first (yesterday 21:18) one to add in any changes. have only watched the video in the second of those two posts, assumed it was the most recent. if you do choose to credit me please use my standard internet nickname of "send in the jagdpanther".

anyway, about the latest version of your video. nice stuff with the title at the start, seems a little bit too colourful for this sort of thing but pretty cool. start of video seems the same as before and gives me a thought. just after "all vipers weapons free" when it cuts too s hot nearer the hull to show the pods sliding in have you thought of rather than a cut actually moving the camera or doing one of those cool "zoom, shake and refocus" bits they did in most of the space shots of the new galactica series. smoke seems less dense which is good, shots from the turrets are also a cool effect. one more thought is perhaps make some of the background stars a little brighter, not hugely but a bit.
    No the double post was a glitch. I didn't do it!!!!!!! :D

YEah I have thought of redoing that shot of the Pod Retraction. It seemed too quik for one.
    And the Title, I agree, I made one and it had a typo and wrong font.
    then I did this one to add into V2.0. And after seeing it, I think I will texture it to match the Galactica text.

Stars, OMG , it's full of Stars. <<< 2001:A Space Odyssey

Stars have stayed constant. It is the upload that distorts it. It took me some time to get it where the stars look good after upload. the raw file looks like crap LOL

I will brighten a lil in further clips.
    send in the jagdpanther << big Name. Will try and squezze you in. Some of your replies have helped
    me see it from others POV. Since I have watched this over 300 times already.

"I just cant make it fast enough so I can see what I haven't made.... " :D

Regards,