Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTARDIS Control Room

• Lonewriter wrote: »
    Did anyone ever notice how much the TARDIS console and a Starfleet warp core look alike?

I was thinking the same thing when I was putting the lights in it.
  • Thanks for the cheers. It makes me feel more obligated to finish this thing.

So here's more do-dads and gizmos and widgets and things.
    105106.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Complete with telephone! Yay!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice. Now, where did the Wibbly Lever go........
  • Looks like I neglected to post the final renders of the console.

Modelling is complete and have started on the textures. Might have to tweak the blue pattern a bit and the raw metal edges of the supports leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.
    105666.jpg105667.jpg105668.jpg105669.jpg105670.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    This is looking pretty good.

Have you seen the TARDIS on Google maps? Pretty awesome.

Al
  • Tralfaz wrote: »
    This is looking pretty good.

Have you seen the TARDIS on Google maps?

Thanks. The google maps TARDIS was my main point of reference for this model. Was very helpful.

Testing a couple of metal looks for the edge of the struts.
    105703.jpg105704.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    The first one looks better, to my eye.
  • Vortex5972 wrote: »
    The first one looks better, to my eye.

mine too. Probably the one I will use.

Testing some color here...
    105729.jpg105730.jpg
  • blutobluto171 Posts: 0Member
    is there any chance i could get a copy in obj format?
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Cracking work, you've done an excellent job with this environment.

:thumb:
  • Oslm99Oslm990 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work -- If you need some reference images of the upper time rotor ring artwork, let me know as I have taken some images of the actual set --

Later

Oslm
  • TALON_UK wrote: »
    Cracking work, you've done an excellent job with this environment.
    :thumb:

Thank you! It's a lot of work, but worth it in the end. Just looking forward to when it's done. I can put my brain in a jar on the shelf and commit myself to the asylum for some much needed rest.
  • Had to redo the textures that I previously made. I was using images from cgtextures.com, but since I am sharing this model when it's done and those images can't be distributed the previous objects had to be retextured. Made some progress on the walls and stuff too.
    105820.jpg105821.jpg105822.jpg
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm pretty sure you can freely distribute images from cgtextures.com if they're part of a model, especially if you've modified them in any way. The main issue for them is if you're straight up reselling their textures.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    This is looking fantastic! (No pun intended :p)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Brilliant!
  • BlobVanDam wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can freely distribute images from cgtextures.com if they're part of a model, especially if you've modified them in any way. The main issue for them is if you're straight up reselling their textures.

To an extent you are correct. If the textures are bundled with the model and they may well be, but I may have to upload the texture files separately to manage file size, so if that is the case I would rather just have my own textures being thrown about instead of theirs.

and it forces me to make up my own anyway.
    To an extent you are correct. If the textures are bundled with the model and they may well be, but I may have to upload the texture files separately to manage file size, so if that is the case I would rather just have my own textures being thrown about instead of theirs.

and it forces me to make up my own anyway.

Ah gotcha! If they're modified I think you'd be safe anyway, but it's better to be safe than sorry. :)
    You'd be more than welcome to any of my textures, but I also use cgtextures, with the rest being adapted directly from Google Maps rips. My doorway texture is being made from scratch (the frame with the gallifrey style designs all over it), and that's a pain to draw all of that, so if you want that, let me know.

The time rotors look great, but the symbols on the top section look slightly off aspect ratio (or maybe it's just the perspective in that render?)
    My doorway texture is being made from scratch (the frame with the gallifrey style designs all over it), and that's a pain to draw all of that, so if you want that, let me know.

The time rotors look great, but the symbols on the top section look slightly off aspect ratio (or maybe it's just the perspective in that render?)

Thanks for the offer, I already drew them up...and yes it was a tedious. Yeah, the symbols were distorted because I had the camera set at 25mm focus.

And now for the doors and the entry scribbles. Started on the console, but realize now that I have to change the color, but that can be done quick and painless.
    105861.jpg105862.jpg105863.jpg
  • Textures are done-ish! Hunting for input on anything you can see that needs work as I work toward a final render.

I think the big glass tube looks too clean.
    105929.jpg105930.jpg105931.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, I like it. :)
  • Oslm99Oslm990 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work, they only thing that I would change is maybe look at adding a slight green reflected glow for the central column -- It would then let you see if you need to either dirty up or clean up the overall material --

Later

Oslm
  • Oslm99 wrote: »
    Excellent work, they only thing that I would change is maybe look at adding a slight green reflected glow for the central column -- It would then let you see if you need to either dirty up or clean up the overall material --

Later

Oslm

Agreed. it needs to be brought out a bit. it's blending too much with the background as it is.
  • I have been meaning to get back to this thing and tighten up the materials and lighting. Then I noticed that the control room for season 8 of Doctor Who has some changes. Blast it! :argh:So I had to get down to modeling what I could determine from a couple of screenshots from the recent trailer for the new season. http://youtu.be/TivqZTq5u6Y

Thought I would share the results before I get to finalizing this model.
    106436.jpg106437.jpg
    Looking spot on with the S8 changes from what little we can see in the trailers. Personally I'm not a fan of the changes they've made, although I'm no doubt biased by also having spent the past months building the S7 TARDIS and coming to appreciate how well designed it is as a cohesive set.
    I recall at one point in either one of the trailers or promo shots, it looks like they've changed the layout and added an extra staircase near the doors, but it's very likely I'm mistaken on that given that would be quite a big change to make unless they had a very good reason to need to do so.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    I'm just hoping they don't blow up the thing again and go for a different design after the first couple of episodes of season 8, considering the great job you've done with this model… :thumb:
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    All that's missing is the Doctor, nice job. I can't wait for the new season.
    Looking spot on with the S8 changes from what little we can see in the trailers. Personally I'm not a fan of the changes they've made, although I'm no doubt biased by also having spent the past months building the S7 TARDIS and coming to appreciate how well designed it is as a cohesive set.
    I recall at one point in either one of the trailers or promo shots, it looks like they've changed the layout and added an extra staircase near the doors, but it's very likely I'm mistaken on that given that would be quite a big change to make unless they had a very good reason to need to do so.

I thought I saw some stairs too. If they did change the set...oh well. I am done modeling TARDIS bits :)