Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTroop Transport

• stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Liking this very muchly, I like the varied sections that make up the ship, eye candy to me, definitely making me think of doing a retro pirate ship, yaaarg :)
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Are those people 3d or painted?, I like how you have made this look like a scene from a space saga, I would like to know how this is done if possible, my scenes lack this aspect.
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    If you're talking about the illustrations like the miner suited guy infront of the mine ship, then this is the process I did:

Rendered the ship
    Rendered the man (posed no clothes) in Daz studio (free download)
    Imported the renders into GIMP
    Painted a couple of layers of clothes

I'm ok with drawing, but I'm not happy with my level when it comes to drawing freehand realistically so Daz gives me a nice base to work from(although it's a real art to making these renders not look like store manikins)
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    There are literally entire books about how hard it is to make those figures not look like manikins. So... you're ahead of the game.
    edited June 2022 #156
    Starting the DEconstruction of the pirate ship. The model is getting so big, my poor laptop couldn't render the ambient lighting on these... Hope my desktop can do better...

hhc5t9uzb3fm.jpg
    pcpnyqgnah1d.jpg
    1qve11ibzfs8.jpg
    qqs9c8bvc4r3.jpg
    6lymuxrc5k48.jpg
    f43j0jwijbqm.jpg
    Post edited by Starrigger on
    Jenny wrote: »
    There are literally entire books about how hard it is to make those figures not look like manikins. So... you're ahead of the game.

Wow Jenny, thanks!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Aw dang that's cool, man. It reminds me of those little Chinese villages on the waterline, where all the fishermen live. Amazing work.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that's turning into a really nice piece of work. nice to see all those beams and details. i do hope however that those "box" structures on the outside of the central hull will have something placed in them, it would be very wasteful to have such things on a space ship if they weren't used to have some sort of room or fuel tank space inside. is the currently plain and curvy bit of the hull going to be reworked to match the truss work and protective plating on those "box" structures? nice engines and bridge. what is the "thing" protruding form the bow?
    edited June 2022 #160
    More Junk on the Engines

vhfc91i6xsbp.jpg
    z1m7ncbkafvb.jpg
    s6pln7zna7ft.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice detailing, though I'd say you'd probably could do with an engine specific texture rather than hull plating to really finish it off nicely.
    edited June 2022 #162
    Some additional work:

Still need to get the canons in their "nests"... (those out-rigger things)

ku9uef5pnc0i.jpg
    w9bucd3j6gu0.jpg
    ds42a5oqwiig.jpg
    c1r0jglqmqsh.jpg
    febrammmfjcv.jpg
    uqd640g67vz4.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking really wicked. :)
    interesting choice of colours, works rather well.
    Ok... 5..4..3..2..1....

Test launch With Blender... Almost there, but not quite. The smoke doesn't spread enough, ship rises too fast etc...

[video=youtube_share;UHVw7fNLulc]
    You're headed in the right direction. At least you know what you have to work on for the next attempt. :)

By the way, I like the sound effects.
    i think the smoke is too thick as well as not spreading enough, you might want to set the animation up so smoke is only produced for the first few moments, as any dirty residue left in the engine nozzles from the last use is burnt off. have the smoke spread in a sort of ring quickly losing density then have a very bright blue flame from the nozzle as it starts to rise. except for burning off residue i'm not sure why it is producing smoke at all, current rocket launches only produce steam from reacting oxygen and hydrogen together, future rockets would be nuclear or some more exotic system which would either produce hydrogen vapour, superheated air or water vapour(depending on the substance being passed through the reactor) or high speed ions and particles. well done on producing that animation, i've never used smoke in blender yet.
    edited June 2022 #168
    A Seeder Village

Before...

373uqo7n9gxd.jpg

And after some post work in GIMP

0r18jlh4caha.jpg
    edited June 2022 #169
    I decided to change the Pirate ship. Made it look more like a ship, and more deconstructed.

2ah2vn63v9py.jpg
    icw9f2ii39df.jpg
    8brxj29jp3bm.jpg
    wmnzl06c06ut.jpg
    nzpvmjcdp1vy.jpg
    I do like that better than the last configuration. Though, I'm glad you kept the engines, those are great. :D
    edited June 2022 #171
    I do like that better than the last configuration. Though, I'm glad you kept the engines, those are great. :D

Thanks for the input. This is the render that sold me on this config:
    8brxj29jp3bm.jpg
    It kind of has a "we really want to ram you" feel to it. :D
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member

Seconded.
    cool, looks a bit like some sort of gun. significantly prefer this to the last version. is this by any chance going to have a spinal mounted superweapon?
    p.s. liking the use of all those fuel tanks.
    I dig it, but I can't help but see a giant version of a Galactica Viper. Anyone else? Maybe combine the new one with the old one?

I seriously gotta get back on the space horse.
    Hey, I'm looking to integrate the gun platforms there will also be a lot of antenna so they can monitor the neighborhood for prey, I want to make sure the ship has the feel of size.
    I dig it, but I can't help but see a giant version of a Galactica Viper. Anyone else? Maybe combine the new one with the old one?

I seriously gotta get back on the space horse.
    Oh, I'm definitely getting a sense of size, that thing is huge!
    good, i look forward to seeing this with loads of antenna, greebles and cannons.
    edited June 2022 #179
    Actually, I think I will shrink it a bit and turn it into a kind of Hunter Killer "sub" They hunt in packs,
    and are very cramped and filthy inside.

j7z7wjojyhs5.jpg
    g68yw3nuqhsp.jpg
    9c2h3oji6lfw.jpg
    Yeah! Now it's losing some of it's Viper-ness... and I dig those grabber claws at the front, too. Makes me think of some small micro-parasite.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    I liked the original