Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DComrade Alexei Leonov

13»

• CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Thx B, he's a challenging build for sure! Many a late night has gone into this one so far. As for the text, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried a few different things out, and i'm sure you're right about the characters that were chosen being incorrect, perhaps its that the sharp angles complemented the look of the ship better than curvy text.

The lettering i've made will be turned into the decal graphic, and so will reflect what was seen on screen, its pretty important that looks right. however if you're putting your model together - remember this will become an 11 inch resin model kit - you can surely make your own decals or paint whatever you want on there. :)
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    In honor of ay-o-hob, I shall name mine Calvin. ;)
    Well, Ok, thats an Unusual choice i have to say.;)

I can imagine there might be more ships in this class, named after other heroes of the USSR - Leonov is one tough ship, surviving aerobraking and the birth of a new star so i can only conclude its a decent design, and soviet policy seems to be; if it ain't broke... unlike the US which continually seems to like to reinvent itself and spend a lot more money. Anyway, Perhaps Gagarin might finally get his name on the side of one of these...;)
    some more leonovy goodness, some work on the engines and things like that for this fine bank holiday afternoon...
    84038.jpg
    StarCruiser
  • DavidChipmanDavidChipman171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great! How's it going?
    You realise this thread is approximately 3.65 years old, with a ratio of 1:4:9, right?

I probably posted some pics in the gallery, but never missing an opportunity to highlight my blog you can see the final renders here, no I don't know if the kit is in production...
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    My most favortist ship ever...BAR NONE
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Saquist wrote: »
    My most favortist ship ever...BAR NONE
    Mine too, actually. Vigilance (pre-warship conversion) was inspired by the Leonov.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hi Coolhand,

Wonderful model you created. Is this mesh available anywhere? I would love to use it with my Discovery. Check out the video below and let me know. Best viewed in HD and full screen.

Thanks...
    Al
    StarCruiser
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice video, though seems to lack texture, especially in the "view form bridge" scene. i know there is a leonov model on the sketchup 3d warehouse but it is fairly low quality geometry and it's textures make it look worse not better.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Yeah, didn't know much about textures when I first built the model. Just applied different color materials to the different panels and I agree about the bridge. It is really lacking in the texture and realism area.
  • dunedune2 Posts: 4Member
    Very nice ,just watched this again...it's shrinking!
    R