Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalLarge Blood Angels Terminator

1235»

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work mate, .. The paint job looks excellent, and love the care you've taken with the blood drops on the power fist ... Nice ! ... Have you decided on what sort of base to display it on ? .... something like a grated metal surface maybe ?, don't think you would need anything too complicated for the base ...

Great job Meph ! :thumb:

Jas
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers fellas! yeah, after a few-months-long hiatus, it started itching too hard so I had to pick up a brush again.

I think most likely I'll cook up some stone dias in 3D Studio Max and have it 3D printed somewhere. I think first I'll have to find a wooden base + glass bell/dome to put him under and then size the 3D base accordingly.
    I'm thinking something in two orthree tiered steps, with some 40K'is detailing in the middle, like a skull, or something. :D
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    You should make a giant version of the standard round base covered in flock.
    rofl! But it'll have to be giant flock! Huge chunck of sandstone painted bright green and large tufts of green coloured mousse! :D
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Knowing this model is back sends me to a happy place.
    Then my mission is a success! :D
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Out standing.
    I'm awake! I'm awake!
    Whuh? 2013? Ermm...

Well I've been sidetracked for a while... A little gift for a friend. :D

IMG_5837.JPG

Et voila!
    Lighting conditions are less than optimal, but they have to do. I also managed to loose the little loose strand of hair that's supposed to go on top of her head. After finishing the entire model & assembly, I was a bit to quick to clean my workspace and managed to chuck it into a full garbage bag. :( I could make a replacement using some green stuff, but I didn't have the time to let it cure and then paint, sadly.

Anywhoooo

IMG_5852.JPG
    IMG_5862.JPG
    The first pic without hair was slightly confusing.
    Look what the cat dragged in! After more than a year no less :D :D
    Just finished him so sadly no daylight for some decent pics.

IMG_6057.JPG
    IMG_6064.JPG
    IMG_6066.JPG
    IMG_6068.JPG
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    A lot of effort put into that, ... Very nice work mate !, .... well done ! :thumb:

Good to see you back ! ...

Jas
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Dude, I love that marble look you got for the base. Your painting skills never cease to impress me. The whole thing looks great. It's nice to see you're still at it. :D
    Cheers fellas! lol, yeah, it damn well took me three years to finish this. Talk about long hiatusessessess or hiatii :D
    But it's good to pick up the analogue brush again. 3D stuff, although often tempting, is hard to start again after wrk days with five 22" screens in front of me all day... :S
    I just hope this energy boost for painting lasts a while. So much stuff I want to do :D
    Well, I managed to take one picture before the right arm fell off... Even with heavy two-component glue and thick pinning. I'll have to clean up the glue surfaces and put him together again. It's going to be a zen exercise to apply enough pressure for long enough so the glue can set. Now I just held it for a few minutes before making sure the arms were supported by random items found around the house.

IMG_6087.JPG

And a High Res version: Clicky
    It looks great. Sorry to hear about the arm. Do you have any strong string or fishing line and somebody to help you? If you do, you could get somebody to hold it while you tie it to the rest of the model very tightly, which will hold it and give the glue time to cure. It will be awkward to tie it due to the way everything is constructed, but it could work.
    Thanks fellas!
    Well, one week later and the dropped-off-right-arm fix is complete. I tried bracing the arm using all kinds of constructions with books and carpentry vices etc etc. Until I just braced the arm using three plastic, ermm, whatchamacallit in Anglo-lese, zip-strips? 510749-artPic_public_L_2_SSS200ZI.jpg

I connected three of these and no extra support was needed. So, tadaaa.

As you can see he's huge. So huge in fact that I can't take any decent pictures of it... He's just too large to make an improvised lighting setup using white paper and such. I think I'll have to poke some hobby-photographer friends of mine to see if they wouldn't mind using my model as a model. :)

IMG_6099PP.jpg

And of course, a High-res photo:

http://www.postwarvandal.com/Meph/Physical/Terminator/IMG_6099PPHR.jpg

Nothing beats a good old zip tie, or flex cuff as it's sometimes known (whichever you prefer. ;)) Smart thinking and congratulations on getting the arm fixed. :)
    Cheers, mate!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Sexy.
    Been a while since I strolled by the forum, so I figured I'd poke my nose in and see what has been happening. A bit late to the party perhaps, but it's nice to see you finally finished that beast off Meph. A job well done.

So what's your next zany project?
    Welcome back DCB!

Well, this is what's in the pipeline... Time for some 28mm again :)

IMG_5882.JPG
    IMG_6109.JPG
    Ah, I remember the Scorpion crusher. He won't be so smug when he gets a Fire Dragon's firepike up the clacker.

I saw the big boy in the back of the shot and thought it might have been a Titan for a sec. Bit small for the 28mm scale though. You should scratchbuild one. I know Forge World has that Warhound, but I never liked the look of it much, not to mention it is insanely expensive.