Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Local TutorialBringing back the Dead! (AKA Roliba's TMP-era nacelle tutorial)

RolibaRoliba331 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2014 in Tutorials #1
Hi all.

It seems that even after a span of months, people are still interested in my old TMP Naccelle tutorial. To say I'm flattered would be an understatement, so I'll just say thank-you, and cave into the pressure.

Now, those of you who have tried to view the tut in the last little while may have noticed that it seems to be missing anything and everything relating to an image. That would be because I filled up my account and had to make some room for more current work. I really didn't think anyone would notice. Whoops.

So accept my apologies to anyone who felt disapointed, and let me just ease my guilt. Thanks to the help of NS_Exile, I do have the entire Naccelle portion of the tut in PDF.

So, with no further ado. here ya' go...

P.S.

Someday, in the near future (I hope) i will be continueing from where I left off. I do want to finish the rest of the ship someday.
Post edited by Roliba on
Tagged:

• count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    your PDF only has 1 page on it? is that correct?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • RolibaRoliba331 Posts: 0Member
    Whoops, sorry about that. Wrong file. Try this one
  • Chris VickersChris Vickers0 Posts: 0Member
    Spline cages are sort of my Achille's Heel, apparently...is it possible to do this using severely edited primitives like chamfer boxes and cylinders?
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Simple answer: Yes

You can make the nacelle a number of ways including splines, poly modelling, NURBS and so on. I recently completed a low poly version of the A (minus textures at the moment) and used poly modeling. You could also start with a series of splines and loft between the different shapes.
  • ami23neami23ne0 Posts: 0Member
    tnkssssss
  • harroldsheepharroldsheep0 Posts: 0Member
    can someone supply and online link to this tut?

thanks in advance!!!
  • DaringerDaringer331 Posts: 5Member
    does anyone still have this tut? the link doesn't work