Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3d Artist for 4x Space Strategy Game

AceAce0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2014 in Looking for... #1
I'm part of a team starting up that is looking for a 3d artist to develop at the moment ships for a 4x space strategy game in the vein of Master of Orion 2. Although quite a few similar games have been released none have quite reproduced the magic, or have emphasized some gameplay aspects over others.

Art direction wise we're aiming for a style similar to Homeworld 2. (simple, bold silhouettes for each species, textures that can be set to faction colors) At the moment we're looking for about 8 ships for an early tech demo of the tactical combat module.

The plan is to first release the tactical demo to garner interest, construct the tactical side of the engine and allow for skirmish mode as a full early game for release, and then develop the strategic side.

At present we have programming, music, and sound people. But the game is the epitome of programmer art at the moment.

As for compensation I'm happy to pay upfront for contract work for a few ships to get the ball rolling. If there's continued interest from the artist to be more involved in the project we can have further negotiation for a more permanent share in it.

If interested please forward a CV and short portfolio.
Post edited by Ace on

• indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    Are you prepared to pay industry rates for this?, or will it be " work for experiecne" approach. I only ask because most of these "paid work" listings usually turn out to be anything but.

If its sensible money I would be interested.
  • AceAce0 Posts: 0Member
    If you are interested please shoot a PM or e-mail me at adam(at)arbitrary-level.net with your rate. Currently our team is programmer heavy and so this is recruitment at an early stage to produce the proof of concept tech demo for the tactical combat portion of the game. The model in your starfighter thread is the type of art style we're aiming for, but obviously at a much lower polygon count. (plus LODs and debris)