Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe L.I.S. Project

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
edited March 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Hi folks,

I've been working on the Jupiter 2 and B9 robot off and on for a couple of years now. It has finally come time to finish them up with completing the models, rigging, lighting and all those little lights that blink on and off so much. So, I am wrapping everything up into this L.I.S. (Lost In Space) Project thread. Everything here is based on Season 2 of the series.

So, sit tight and be sure to tune in next week, same time, same channel!

Al
105153.jpg
Post edited by Tralfaz on
J21_.jpg 158.2K
Tagged:

• JeffJeff1 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've been working on the Jupiter 2 and B9 robot off and on for a couple of years now. It has finally come time to finish them up with completing the models, rigging, lighting and all those little lights that blink on and off so much. So, I am wrapping everything up into this L.I.S. (Lost In Space) Project thread. Everything here is based on Season 2 of the series.

So, sit tight and be sure to tune in next week, same time, same channel!

Al

Very nice beauty shot. Looking forward to seeing what you've created.
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    I'm really looking forward to this Al. It's about time! :) I've been longing to see others tackle all the cool stuff inside the ship so I can compare notes!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thanks guys.

If I can get my models to look half as good as yours Ron, I'll be ecstatic!

Al
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    It's good to see a new wip from you Al!
    Thanks Starship.

Seeing the wonderful work Ron has been doing on his Jupiter 2 has made me want to finish mine.

I just realized my Jupiter 2 is in the same orientation as Ron's. Definitely not trying to copy his work, so will be changing it this weekend.

Al
  • JeffJeff1 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Thanks Starship.

Seeing the wonderful work Ron has been doing on his Jupiter 2 has made me want to finish mine.

I just realized my Jupiter 2 is in the same orientation as Ron's. Definitely not trying to copy his work, so will be changing it this weekend.

Al

Come to think of it, the Jupiter is almost always oriented to this angle, probably because it provides a good view of the main airlock/hatch and viewport next to it, as well as the landing wells. Maybe try orienting her "facing" off to the left at about the same angle of view?, or, for something a little more radical, from a little above the line of the main viewport, say from the viewpoint of one of those giants on Priplanus. Or if you were to model it in flight you would have an almost infinite number of possible angles from which to view her (although most would not be all that interesting I would guess). I imagine that, being a saucer shape it might actually be a little difficult to find an interesting view angle that hasn't already been previously thoroughly explored, but could be fun to try.
    And by the way, if you aspire to Ron's work that already puts you in a stratosphere of your own. Can't wait to see your take on this wonderful little ship. Excellent work, sir.
    Added a James figure from Poser and realized the scale inside the ship was a bit off, so spent a lot of time rescaling a lot of parts. I think it is looking much better now.

Just a new quick render of the J2.
    105153.jpg
    J21_.jpg 131.5K
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This looks great. I'm just trying to figure out how I missed it for four days. :shiner: