Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Auzris Project

markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
edited January 2017 in Work in Progress #1
Hi Scifi meshes

Its been a while since i've been logged in.. so much so that i couldnt remeber my login and password..

I've been around lurking.. checking up on the wips. But my partner and i had a baby girl last year, and new work commitments have ment that i've had no spare time for my own 3d projects.. thats changed for a short while so i'm trying to make the most of it.

Thread 1.. The Auzris Project.. Some of you may recognise the wip from time gone by.. I've been making some drastic design changes over the past week and the mkIII is ready to be unveiled... that is she would be if maya 2013 would let me render out a still.. even though i've not been modeling i've spend a fair few hours commuting to and from work on the train, so i've spent some of that time (when i've not been reading a song of ice and fire) developing my little branch of the trek universe, for the ship and its crew.. I might post some of that material as the wip develops..

I knocked this up as a front page for now.. to get the thread started.. i've been itching to post something for a few days now but have held back untill the hull was finalised.... but i cant wait any more...

Hopefully will find out what maya is doing and get some stills of the ship over the weekend..
100649.jpg
Post edited by markmassey on
Tagged:

• tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    Digging the logo you did up, looks fantastic!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Congratulations on the baby. :D

I think I remember your old Azuris WIP. Or, I could be thinking of something else you were working on. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what you're doing. I like the logo. :D
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Thanks guys,

well as usual with me at the minute.. not had time to sit at the laptop.. but took the time this evening to render out some views of the new Auzris.

would be great to hear what anyone has to say.. i dont think she'll be for everyone. My origional intent was to try and create an origional design..(as original as you can get in trek anyway...) Shes a slipstream ship. at first i was going to remove the warp drive altogether because i wanted to scrap the necells from the design.. but changed my mind. so she'll have micro coils fitted at the tips of her wings,

She might be a little to organic for some people, the idea is that shes been developed with the aquatic race from the voyage home.. and is part of starfleets and the aquatic races investigation into creating stable wormholes.

Its some years after voyagers return, the auzris project started as a branch of admiral janeways research into developing an operational slipstream drive.

The whale probe arrives at vulcan, and talks begin with the aquatic race that sent it to earth years before. that ultimetly leads to a relationship with the federation and years later the first starship developed to house members of the species as part of its crew.. the uss auzris.

as the ship is launched and begins active duty odo arrives at deep space nine. the dominion no longer exists, most of the jem'hadar have died out. more were immune to the effects of ketracel white than was first thought. however the remaining jem'hadar are no longer soldiers, now the founders no longer need them to conquer the galaxy they have become a monk like order. living to serve the founders. this has left a power vacuum in the gamma quadrant, with some of the previously oppressed worlds rising up against the founders. not wishing to undo all hes done by allowing the founders to begin cloning soldiers, odo turns to the federation for protection.

the federation then sends a task force into the gamma quadrant to survey the situation.. the auzris is in that first wave.

Thats my little trek spin off anyway..
    100895.jpg
    JES[Irishman]wibble
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I like it... especially the underside.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Normally it's hard to make organic Starfleet ships look good but it seems you don't have a problem with it.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • BCBC0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the design too. Keeping warp mobility is a good thing, I seem to remember something from Voyager about slipspace being unreliable in a lot of areas even for the race that was using it when Voyager came along. Some of the warp driven ships in the show do not have any sign of nacelles at all so not having any in the design is not a problem anyway.
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking really cool and sleek, though it doesn't really look Starfleet to me...at least not at this stage. The shape is pretty awesome though.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good overall but maybe too curvy for a human ship, try making some flatter faces on parts and adding some greebles.
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Hm awesome design,( i not really like trek ships) but this one really like :thumb:
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wonderful start looks like an intresting design
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the look of this streamline design, so unique looking, but the elements are all in there that make it recognizably Trek, nice job, looking forward to seeing how this develops.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Funny you said it was designed by an aquatic race as it looks very much like a yacht :)
    I really like the curves on this ship. :thumb:
    I've had a couple of hours spare today, off dad duties.. so i've done the housework tidied up the garden, then done a bit of 3D... huzzahh!!!!!

I've re worked the shuttle bay and added a little bit of detailing to the aft of the ship... not as developed as id hope to be, but i'm splitting my time on her and my farscape models..

doesn't help that i keep working on her, then getting so far and thinking... nope.. and going back to this base model... so i'm going to sit and do some designs of her hull detailing...

but thought i'd post these stills.. to show how shes going..
    101859.jpeg101860.jpeg101861.jpeg
    JESwibble
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    This is.i. I don't want to say similar to, but of the same blood as my Seeker... I'm really interested to see where you go with this. I feel like there should be some detail to give us a sense of the scale, though (is this sucker meant to be full of water?)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    The whole shuttlebay area is shaping up great, and the entire design has an amazing potential.
    Maybe it's just me but it reminds me to the Sidney Opera House. That's not a bad thing, though. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    It kind of reminds me of the ship from Flight of the Navigator. Love it!
    Thanks guys....

BlueNeumann it would be interesting to see a shot of your seeker.. ive spent a long time trying to come up with a design that i thought was as original as it could be.. it would be funny if i've somehow come up with the same ideas as somebody else... must be a word for that... (nobody say plagiarism haha)

the idea is to have a few submerged sections of the ship, with tubes running along the corridors (sea quest rip off) connecting the different sections. its been fun thinking about out how the species would function as part of the crew..

I know i'm bias, but ive come to love this design.. it took me a while to go with my gut and remove the nacelles.. so i'm hoping that i can do this model justice.. so if anyone has any design input i'd love to hear it..
    I've just thought, that in my last post i said that ive spent a long time trying to come up with an original design.............

I've just had a look at the dauntless..... all i can do is sign.... DAM YOU SPECIES 116!!!!!
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Rather love the lines on this. Not really sure I like the slit/mouth deflector as it seems to defy the purpose somewhat (it should be pointed forward) but otherwise it's really cool. I'd just say keep on pressing on, as really, it's original enough.

I notice a slight pinching on the hull behind the shuttlebay, you can see the smoothing anomaly caused by it. You should try and massage the shapes so you get a more smooth curve.
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Please don't missunderstand me I like that design but it is looking more like something that is comming from The Farscape Universe than from Star Trek ... well and if I'am looking at your Avatar that shouldn't surprise me.
    Well its been a while, with work and now having 2 young children i get areound 5-10 minutes of 3d time these days..
    but im using what time i have to the fullest... that said no updates on the model as yet to show.. she is progressing slowly but i'm going to wait untill shes a little further along before i post an update.

that said i was playing with after effects to other day while i was waiting for work to render and did some backgrounds this is where i'm going with the look of the quantum slipstream, thought id blow the dust off this wip and upload it..

Thanks for the comment on the thread so far..
    104781.jpg
    wibble
    Another background image post this time of the earth.. had a few hours free this afternoon at work, but didn't have my usb with my ship model on it so decided to do this. might do some illustrations to go with the backstory for my ship.
    104990.jpg
    wibble
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looks great. Maybe town down the detail at the centre of the flare a little. It's rather difficult to see the moon.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice image of the earth though i have a suspicion that the flare may be a little excessive, it's certainly visible to camera lenses in space but not quite that extreme. choice of colours is most effective.
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    Very interesting design. It strongly reminds me of an oversized Delta Flyer, and also goes along many of the same lines as my own Severus-Class.
    Well it's been almost a year another password reset and i'm finally able to sit and do some personal work..

so back to my few models that i seem to have been building for the past few years..

looking at the images already on the post it doesn't look like i've done much.. but i've smoothed some lines that were bugging me.. and i'm about ready to start to add some detail to her..

Hopefully it wont be another 6 months till my next post.
    107416.jpeg107417.jpeg
    JESwibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's looking great. I can't wait to see the start of the details. :)
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    I love seeing paradigm smashing Trek designs. We need more of them. Love the simplicity and elegance.

The term you are looking seeking for non-influential design similarity is "parallel development".
    Cheers guys, thanks for the comments and what a fantastic phrase..

i'll have some scale reference in my next post.. currently mocking up a humpback whale :)
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    I got the phrase from a TOS episode, I think the one with all the children and the reverse Earth.