Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

GODZILLA!

oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
edited February 2014 in General Discussion #1
Post edited by oldmangreg on
Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    YEEEESSSSSS!!! THE ROAR, THE ROAR!!!

And even though it's an updated version of the old roar, I still like it!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I thought there was already a discussion thread open about this.
  • OpticsOptics0 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »

I'll admit, I'm skeptical after the last American Godzilla. Still, the concept is interesting and I'll check it out before judging for sure!
    One thing to bear in mind is that this film has nothing to do with the 1998 American "Godzilla" film. I love it in one of the Japanese films that came out shortly after that one, where two guys are talking and one says he heard Godzilla attacked the US and the other replies that it wasn't really Godzilla, they only thought it was. :lol:
  • OpticsOptics0 Posts: 0Member
    One thing to bear in mind is that this film has nothing to do with the 1998 American "Godzilla" film. I love it in one of the Japanese films that came out shortly after that one, where two guys are talking and one says he heard Godzilla attacked the US and the other replies that it wasn't really Godzilla, they only thought it was. :lol:

That's funny! Do you know what the name of the film was?
    Sure. It's called Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Montsters All-Out Attack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279112/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_97

General Tachibana: "Monsters resembling Godzilla have been seen in the United States..."
    Soldier one: "Wasn't that Godzilla?"
    Soldier two: "The Americans said it was Godzilla, but all the Japanese scientists denied it."

It's a great film for more reasons than that, but I love how they put that in there. :D

Then, to punctuate it, Godzilla even kicked the butt of the Roland Emmerich "Godzilla" in the movie Godzilla: Final Wars.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    New trailer today:
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • JanJaapJanJaap0 Posts: 0Member
    Well someone is chewing the scenery and it ain't godzilla. Good grief.

But sad to say Pacific Rim has spoiled me and now no kaiju movie is interesting without a giant robot beating five color s! out of it.