Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDark Knight

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Been doing lots of odds and ends on him. I added a displaced pattern to the straps on his biceps and torso and added in a bit of "carbon fiber" weave texture to the appropriate panels. Oh also added his cape, still definitely a work in progress on that.
    batman_zb_grab3.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Looks great! No really....
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very good looking, nice work.
    The latest...worked on the boots mostly and added a polypainted grapple gun, gotta start working on detailing the gloves out..

batman_zgrab5.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    He's looking fantastic. :)
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    the pose is awesome
    I think the zbrushing on my Batman is done, except for a couple very minor things I'll fix later today (want the gauntlets to fit a bit better around the gloves). I tried out some other poses but I still this like this one a lot, maybe I'm just lazy ;). Been collecting references of buildings at night so eventually I want to try putting him against some sort of backdrop. I love the way Nolan (Pfister I suppose) filmed the cities in DK and DKR, they really came to life and were their own character.

Also, sorry if anyone went to my website over the weekend and got a malware warning. Seems like I got my site hacked somehow, but it should be back and working now. Probably good to give it a fresh wordpress install.

Latest!
    darkknight_prettydarnfinal01.jpg
    Ok the latest on this guy, been learning tons more about zbrush and fixing lots of things here and there...

batsuit11.jpg
    Cool. He looks great. :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, impressive.
    The latest...lots of little fixes here and there to match the photography better...I was gonna do a before/after gif when I"m done, will be interesting to compare before I started making all these little tweaks in zbrush..
    Edit, woops wrong image, corrected
    batsuit_16.jpg
    It looks like an action figure or sculpture. :)
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    It looks like an action figure or sculpture. :)

Yes, like a damn real looking one.
    Made a little animated gif showing the old batsuit with the newest version. YOu can get more of a sense of the changes I made...

batsuit_changes.gif
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    So the new Batman is a Nietzschean... Nice. ;)
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Nice one. Good job.
    The new one is a big improvement. :)
    What do you guys think of this new model stand?

model%20stand.png
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That looks awesome!! (All of it.)
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Is it me or is the head abit large.
    Might be, but his cowl is rather huge... maybe his shoulders need to be a tad large with those shoulder pads.
    I was comparing it to one of the posters from The Dark Knight Rises and it looks pretty good.

DarkKnightRisesPoster1.jpg

Maybe Christian Bale just has a big head. :p Or, more likely, the cowl makes it look larger. The one from Batman Begins didn't look that big. I think it's because they made the neck bulkier on that one.

Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins-803831.jpg

The new base looks good, by the way.
    104929.jpg104930.jpg
    Yeah I have the full body photo of the top image you posted, and I used that to re-proportion him the best I could. I feel like Zbrush's perspective is kind of wonky. I was messing with the FOV a bit and that has a huge impact on his body dimensions, more than I feel is normal. Kind of wish it had a "real" camera like other 3d programs.
    I still blame the cowl construction for the head looking larger. Though, the perspective could be adding to it too. It's a shame that software doesn't have cameras. For $795, they could at least include those.
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    I'd say the head is fine, one must consider that the cowl is not cloth, it does not just slip over the head. There are a lot of things the cowl serves a purpose for, including protecting the head because there is a Kevlar lining, a steel forehead plate, and there would also need to be some foam cushioning to keep it comfortable. Additionally, there is the electrical circuits and other gadgets contained in the cowl. Thus, there would be some bulkiness to it.

In addition, the neck is much slimmer on the newer suit design; therefore, it gives an impression of a larger head, but reality is it's not any bigger.

Personally, I like what you are doing, it is looking very good. If I could do people, I would tackle my version of a the batsuit, but I do not do people well.

Keep up the good work.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I was comparing it to one of the posters from The Dark Knight Rises and it looks pretty good.

DarkKnightRisesPoster1.jpg

Maybe Christian Bale just has a big head. :p Or, more likely, the cowl makes it look larger. The one from Batman Begins didn't look that big. I think it's because they made the neck bulkier on that one.

Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins-803831.jpg

The new base looks good, by the way.

Yeah these look similar. It's just a bit spooky.
    I think BoogerMc hit the nail on the head with the cowl being bulked up to look like it really includes the armor and electronics that it supposedly includes. That seems to be the most likely scenario, since Christopher Nolan tried to go as realistic as you can with a comic book character in those films. Also, as he said, the Batman Begins cowl was also that bulky, but the neck was bulkier in that one so it's not so noticeable. However, one of the complaints of that suit was that Batman couldn't turn his head, (which was probably the truth, I'm sure Christian Bale had issues with that) so they thinned down the neck in the second suit, making the head look bigger.
    However, one of the complaints of that suit was that Batman couldn't turn his head, (which was probably the truth, I'm sure Christian Bale had issues with that) so they thinned down the neck in the second suit, making the head look bigger.

Haha yeah its a real thing that none of the previous suits let the actors turn their heads. Always thought it was funny they worked it into the movie
    I think too I just realized that his chest is waaay wider on my model whereas in the photo the sillouette of his waist to his chest is much straighter. That's what's been bugging me I think wand I just realized what it was. So much for starting with a zbrush model! Proportions turned out to be pretty off for me
    japetus wrote: »
    Haha yeah its a real thing that none of the previous suits let the actors turn their heads. Always thought it was funny they worked it into the movie

That's true. They always moved their entire torso to look to the side. :lol:

At least they worked it out to where they could breathe. At first, the chest armor didn't move with Michael Keaton's chest, so they had to make adjustments. ;)