Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips Of The Starfleet Museum

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    I’ve been so busy trying to get the house cleaned up I haven’t had much time to do any work. I was haveing some problems getting the head and neck to unwrap but now I’ve got the neck and I’ve started on the textures. I still have a few thing to work out but it is coming along.
    1852.jpg
    1853.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice texture work.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice bridge what does the rest of the ship look like.
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Great stuff makes me want to actually start working on my texturing but every time I've done it it comes out way to cartoon looking. Keep up the good work its nice to see Trek stuff aside from the average saucer style ships
    nice bridge what does the rest of the ship look like.
    You can see the rest of the ship a page or two back.
  • MasaoMasao0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great, Xfozzboute!

By the way, I based the head on the skull of an Oviraptor with some boomerang-handed fossil amphibian thrown in.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    You can see the rest of the ship a page or two back.
    yeah, that looks cool, far better than the average federation ship. the bridge looks somewhat like that of the big klingon battlecruisers and the bulky engines/nacelles are a nice addition. are those bulges fuel tanks of some kind. it should look AWESOME when finished.
    UPDATE...
    Well I decided to go back to the d2 and remove some polygons to help speed up the unwrapping of it. It’s helped a little but it will take me a long time to get it done. I still want to some building too so I’ve started to get work done on the Powhatan.
    1854.jpg
    1855.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awesome! The Powhatan was always my favorite ship on that sight. Something about how it's super clean lines are just ruined by all the blisters and antenna give it a really awesome "fugly" look, like the A-10 or F-4. Exited to see how this turns out!
    UPDATE...
    The four fins are now permenately attached to the hulll and I’ve added the RCS.
    1857.jpg
    I’ve also finished the warp engines.
    1856.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    This is looking very nice XFozzboute. Looking forward to you textures.
    UPDATE...
    Put the old man in the ground yesterday so now it’s back to work.
    We’ve now got runnering lights and airlocks.
    1858.jpg
    The warp and impulse engines are now permanatly attched to the hull of the ship.
    1859.jpg
    A close up of the warp and impulse engines.
    1860.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I finished off the lower cannons and attached them to the hull.
    1861.jpg
    Finished off the details for the airlocks and attached those bubble things on the top. I also added the shuttle bay. The last things I need to do are the missile bays and grid lines. Then I can ship it off to paint.
    1862.jpg
    looks great! Can't wait to see it all painted up!
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Good looking ship as always.
    UPDATE...
    Not getting too much done. Between cleaning out my house and playing Mass Effect. That also means not getting too much sleep. I’ve opened up the doors to the missile bays. Those will be the last thigs I need to work on before I start textures. I’ve also added the grid lines. I just need to add a few smoothing groups and weld a bunch of vertices and the build will be done.
    1864.jpg
    Lens flares added just for fun. :D
    1865.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Love the lens Flares
    UPDATE...
    I’ve decided to add the finishing touches to the Powhattan while I continue to unwrap the Klingon D2. Just had to do the missile launchers and now this goes off to paint. Now while doing all that I’m also beginning to add detail to the Bison. I’ve also made the decision to quit my job and just focus on be an artist for now.
    1931.jpg
    1932.jpg
    1933.jpg
    Cool! I've always thought the Powhatan had really cool lines to her, nice to see a nice 3d-workup. Also, might be the lighting, but it feels like the missile racks are slightly cooked when stowed.
    UPDATE...
    Work on the Bison is moving along at a nice pace. The unwrapping of the D2 is taking forever.
    1934.jpg
    Being the dumbass that I am I decided to open up the bottom. Now I have to make the inside of it.
    1935.jpg
    1936.jpg
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    OMG - My favorite Museum ship......The Bison. I am loving this.
    UPDATE...
    Finished off the impulse engines.
    1937.jpg
    Starting to block in shapes for big open thing.
    1938.jpg
    UPDATE...
    It’s coming along slowly but it’s coming along. Chamfered most of the edges and added the RCS.
    1939.jpg
    1940.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well I finally got the warp engines for the Klingon D2 unwrapped so I’ve startd to throw on some base textures. These two images are also the first time I’ve used Ambiant Occlusion. I'll be so happy when summer is finally over. This heat makes me want to do nothing but sleep.

1941.jpg
    1942.jpg
    liking the klingon ship though thinking more details should be added to the bridge and bulges on the rear hull to break up the smooth curves. nicely rendered with good work on nacelles and "neck".
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    The D2 is one of my favorite designs from the Museum, and yours is looking very good. Your texture work is amazing as always.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    liking the klingon ship though thinking more details should be added to the bridge and bulges on the rear hull to break up the smooth curves. nicely rendered with good work on nacelles and "neck".
    I'm not gonna add any more details to this. I've deviated enough from the original design.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    The D2 is one of my favorite designs from the Museum, and yours is looking very good. Your texture work is amazing as always.
    Thanks. :D

UPDATE...
    Got more done but I’m not finished yet.
    1944.jpg
    1943.jpg
    UPDATE...
    It’s time to go back to the Museum. I’m gona completely redo the textures for the D2 and I started with the neck. So far it’s still little rough.
    2054.jpg
    2055.jpg
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    This is looking good!
    Very nice!