Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon D7 Project

14567810»

• vnm51vnm512 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know how many times I wrote this but it's a brilliant work Brandenberg. I look forward to seeing the new greebles. Keep it up.:thumb:
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Thanks everyone, nice of you. So I tried hard to get the size accurate - I invite K'tinga lovers to improve further and post orthos too.
    I have been working on some Federation ships to go with the Ktinga (still have to go back and do the movie engines on the Ktinga)
    103923.png
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Nice excelsior! ALways a favorite of mine...
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The old and good Excelsior...
    Good start friend!
    Thanks you two. This image barely shows the lower sensor dome array which was the latest addition. I also reworked the main hull to get rid of an artifact I had on the front.

I have a question. The walls of the deflector dish opening on this, appear to flair out on the sides and bottom, but are level at the top?
    103981.png
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice Excelsior Brandenberg...I only wish someone would model the original excelsior. It's always the Star Trek VI version.

----
    Your best chance of seeing the top is looking at the cut away of the Enterprise B deflector or the HD version TNG when the USS Hood breaks formation with the Enterprise and passes to the left. It's real dark but it may give more than the average clue.

Also from the plans I've seen of the detailed ENT-B it's flat on top and the bottom doesn't have a wall at all.
    Remember the standard misconceptions on Excelsior

-No part of the top outer edge of the Secondary hull is straight.
    -The Impulse deck at the back is NOT flat but round or angled.
    -The Neck of Excelsior is does not go straight up into the saucer (it tapers like a pyramid)
    Appreciate it guys. Saquist, I think I know what you mean but may have questions later. The following has the deflector dish cut in and modeled. I don't know that I have seen any really good reference stuff on the excelsior from the Search For Spock. Since they changed the model into the Lakota, it was kind of lost.

Edit: Updated image
    104119.png
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    From what I've seen the biggest changes are to the impulse Deck and the aft shuttlebay
    1. Impulse Deck has one deflection crystal (large and centered on the main axis) /while the newer version has two
    2. The original has a larger Bridge Dome Circular/ Version two has an almond smaller dome
    3. The aft shuttle bay has an observation deck on the back/ While the new version removes it for a more triangular structure
    4. The Original has two rings of light around the lower sensor dome/ The ST:TUC version is repainted and doesn't have this.
    -
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xuyMiab1qhs/UojEQFkkJXI/AAAAAAAABzo/IUkrwoEMc30/s1600/excelsior-nx2000-to-ncc2000.jpg

I like your deflector it's pretty good. One of the better shapes.
    The original Exclesior Class
    http://employees.csbsju.edu/rsorensen/modelcitizen/trekships/excelsior/excelsior_STMag_01-03.jpg

The ST:TUC Excelsior
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7p6ey0ImV1rzu2xzo1_1280.jpg

If you want the best profile for the deflector it's from the ERTL Model
    ir39.jpg
    Your last URL is Lakota style. Wasn't that also the design for the Enterprise B?

I think I got the Deflector opening nearly like the drawing (I assume it is the ERTL model), except on the drawing, it may be a bit lower and bigger although what it shows from the side view does not appear to match what it shows from the front view.

The bridge dome is just a dome without detail correct?

Haven't seen the two rings of light around the lower sensor dome in anything - Edit: Just noticed it in one picture.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The Excelsior is coming along nicely. :thumb:
    Some under detail and Reworked the impulse deck to curve across the top.

Edit: replaced images.

Work on the hanger doors and underside detail. Added windows to the Saucer Section. This also has the graphic relief on the engine pylons.
    104116.png104117.png
    It's looking great so far. :)
    Conversion to the NX-2000 bridge, impulse dome and observation lounge.

Sauquist: I found a photo and noticed the light rings on the lower sensor dome.

Edit: Added windows and detail
    104118.png
    Need to do main hull windows of course. Most of the above images have been replaced with updates.
    104120.png
    A closeup of the underside detail
    104151.png
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    That underside assembly looks great! Whole thing is coming together very nicely.
    McC wrote: »
    That underside assembly looks great! Whole thing is coming together very nicely.

Agreed. :D
    Thanks guys. I have a few small details to add before texturing, but getting pretty close.
    104175.png104176.png
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    Getting closer
    99604.jpg

Any updates? Thanks