Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Need a D'deridex class (Romulan Warbird) mesh

BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
edited November 2013 in Looking for... #1
Looking for a free mesh of this ship.

292px-D%27deridex_class.jpg

I am looking for this mesh to use as a size comparison for my Klingon Carrier. I am using Blender, so it must be able to be imported into Blender. I have searched the web and these forums and have had no success. The few I have found will not work for one reason or another.

Can someone please help me?
Post edited by BoogerMc on
Tagged:

• count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    trekmeshes.ch has two.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I was going to suggest that too. You may want to hurry, it looks like the site could go down tomorrow.

http://www.trekmeshes.ch/
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i can suggest several.
    there are those on trek emshes in several formats. there is also one in (damn it!!) .lwo format on foundation3d.

p.s. evil, what's gone wrong with trek meshes? i remember there was a site called stblender with blender models of all the trek ships that disappeared a year or so back, do you think trekmeshes will go the same way.

saw you want it into blender, trekmeshes has 3ds versions which import fairly well. .lwo also imports to blender but loses texture mapping(which annoys me a lot, i'm also a blender user.).
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Yea, I myself have been looking for a good accurate model... Raul Mamoru said he might be able to do one eventually, but is currently engaged in other projects...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Thanks guys, the trekmeshes one do not work for me. However, I will look into the other ones.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    foundation3d.com may have one or two in it's star trek section. Been so long, I've not checked. But F3d is largely lightwave dominant...
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9786 Posts: 5,321Member
    Those 3 at trekmeshes have huge open areas and do not import well, hell they do not open well in native apps. I would look for a LWO mesh

At foundation3D:
    There is a LWO mesh that was converted by mattc
    another by Thor which was made originally in Inspire 3D
    A poser mesh that does not say the source. cr2

If these fail I suggest finding decent orthos and just use the views mapped to a plane and scaled to the right size.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    There is a LWO mesh that was converted by mattc

That one still holds up pretty well. If you have any issues with it (and I did the port a long long time ago) let me know and i might find time to fix it.....

Oh, who am I kidding.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    foundation3d.com may have one or two in it's star trek section. Been so long, I've not checked. But F3d is largely lightwave dominant...

Blender does have a native Lightwave importer, I believe. At least, it did last time I tried it, but that was a long while ago.
    Blender does have a native Lightwave importer, I believe. At least, it did last time I tried it, but that was a long while ago.
    blender has a lightwave importer but as i said earlier you lose texture mapping in the process and some files just don't want to cooperate.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    There shouldn't be anything in there that's particularly complex to import though. It's all single UV textures with no procedurals or multiple UV layers or anything.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9786 Posts: 5,321Member
    Not that you need textures for reference and scale comparisons.
    When I fooled around with blender LWO were some of the least annoying import formats and likely his best bet short of a blend file. I would check some of the blend forums since so much is out there that is not on a standard 3d site/forum.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    blender artists may be a good place to ask this question as well, as everyone there is a blender user they may have more experience. blendswap may has loads of great blender models, fully rigger, textured etc but may not have a d'deridex. if it does that would probably be the best one or your purposes. my advice is download all the versions on trekmeshes and all the versions on foundation3d, try importing all(the poser cr2 file contains an obj but this loses it's textures upon import because there positioning is controlled by stuff from the cr2/pp2 poser file which you won't be able to import) to blender and find which works best. if any are detailed enough meshes you can import the model even with texture loss then just assign some tiled material textures of different colours to each different material, this can still produce a bearable model if the imported file has enough detail and separtae materials.

p.s. madkoifish in may experience the least annoying format for blender import is obj with mtl texture file, perfect every time!
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Thanks guys, I checked those others, no luck. I will give the blender suggestions a look.

As for the carrier, I have started over from scratch, trying something different. If time allows, I'll post something tonight or tomorrow.