Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Legendary Godzilla Teaser

oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
edited October 2013 in General Discussion #1
Post edited by oldmangreg on
Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.

• wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    looking freaking awesome,
    although that thing at the end didn't look very much like godzilla and the background music was from 2001 it hase a good chance to become the first godzilla movie that is actually good.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    wibble wrote: »
    looking freaking awesome,
    although that thing at the end didn't look very much like godzilla and the background music was from 2001 it hase a good chance to become the first godzilla movie that is actually good.

You mean the first non-japanese version of Godzilla that is actually good? :D
    This version reminds me of the 2000 version but more beefed up and with hints of the original in him, especially in the mouth. I find the eyes a little irritating though. They look too human.
    Looks like the vid got took down, but not before someone made clips from it:
    http://spankzilla85.tumblr.com/post/63094759841/kaijusaurus-now-i-am-become-death-the

EDIT: Ohh found another vid
    NM
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Ok I have to say that I have never been much of a monster-movie kind of guy, so probably I should keep my mouth shut, but no I am speaking of all of them.
    Until now I didn't know that there are different versions of godzilla even in the japanese films, but at a first sight the head reminded me of the Emmerich-Monster.

But hey, ignore my gibberish. The Trailer look realy great, very atmospheric, if the movie keep up this feeling I'm looking forward to this.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=679397918750700

before it gets taken down again....
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Well, daaaaamn! I've been waiting for them to bring back The Big Guy! Gotta love it!
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Tee hee. :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm awaiting this film with great anticipation. I'm a HUGE G fan, I have almost all of them on DVD or Blu-Ray. The only one I don't have that I want is The Return of Godzilla, aka Godzilla 1985. That one has yet to be released on DVD or Blu-Ray in the US. The only one I don't have that I don't want is All Monsters Attack, aka Godzilla's Revenge, which I think is just stupid. (yes, I even have the Roland Emmerich film)

The new Godzilla certainly looks like it has a lot in common with the G suit from the Heisei films, though I'm sure there are differences. After all, no two G suits are exactly the same. ;) (though, they were pretty consistent in the later Heisei films)
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    There's actually a good reason why no two G-suits are the same, at least in the early days.

They made the face, head, and back spines out of carved sheets of natural rubber (not latex or foam). They also weren't too careful about storage. The face, head, and spines would rot between films and they'd have to make new ones. They also had problems keeping the face intact DURING filming since the articulation often stretched and tore the rubber.

Later, as they began to use foam latex and other more durable substances, they would change the appearance every few films as they changed art directors.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    We'll have to wait and see, since it's an American production and not a genuine Japanese one. We all know how the last American attempt turned out.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    There's actually a good reason why no two G-suits are the same, at least in the early days.

They made the face, head, and back spines out of carved sheets of natural rubber (not latex or foam). They also weren't too careful about storage. The face, head, and spines would rot between films and they'd have to make new ones. They also had problems keeping the face intact DURING filming since the articulation often stretched and tore the rubber.

Later, as they began to use foam latex and other more durable substances, they would change the appearance every few films as they changed art directors.

Also, during the sixties and seventies, they intentionally humanized Godzilla's appearance because they decided to make him more of a kid friendly monster. They went back to the classic mean monster look for his big return/reboot in 1984. Then they also intentionally changed his appearance for the 1999 film, which was a direct answer to Roland Emmerich's film and too many Westerners thinking of Emmerich's Godzilla as the Godzilla. Though, that suit still looked more like the original G than the Emmerich film's CGI did.