Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationEastern Alliance (The Pact)

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2013 in Finished Work #1
Hello. You are one of 4 lucky contestants...........LOL

:devil:

Let me say, I did intend to do more battle with this, but as I explain in Pers. Note.on YT.
I cut it short and ended it.

This is all there will be, so I guess it is final.

Vimeo Coming Soon!
[video=vimeo;74382414]

(General Notice)
This is based on TOS Battlestar.And though I have a Viper from TOS, it is not textured to fit in with others.
Needs a serious overhaul, as it is actually a combo of several vipers. All look cartoonish.

I try and do this for the fun of it,learning, and maybe someone will enjoy seeing some models in action.
But, regardless of age, many have to make issues of something. ( no offenses here@SciFi )
Whether it is TOS or NUbsg.Does it really matter? That is not my intent or purpose.
I cannot possibly do anything 100% to Subject Matter any way. Limited on Models,Props,
SoundFX,Music Etc.........So, no bother arguing bout it. These vids are in reverence to the original show,
the artists and modelers and the newer versions also.

Peace!
103243.png
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    "4 lucky contestants"??? what's that about

COOL VIDEO, loved the bit where, right at the end, a viper was struck by fire from the destroyers, spun and exploded. couldn't really tell but where the vipers textured or just plain, i noticed the cartoonish effect which was somewhat damaging to the video in a few shots but in most of the battle it was not visible unless you really stare at certain parts of the models. tat bit with the viper is one of the best explosions you have done yet, with a bit more glare and streaks it could be professional quality. good shots of the destroyers, and we certainly saw more of them in this video than in the series. your machine gun effects were very convincing and the battle enjoyable, though there was not much maneuvering during it. if you get a chance you should greeble up the engine nozzles on the destroyer models. i liked the idea you had here, maybe consider for your next animation a three way battle between the alliance, galactica and the cylons warring with each other when after the losses they sustained at the hands of the colonial fleet the alliance turns against baltar.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh thanks a bunch for that reply.

Boosts my spirits lol...

yeah, that last explosion is definitely TOP 5 for me. Could use some more tweaking.
    But, I often, almost always, run into issues, and glitches with Pyroclusters and Thinking Particles,
    and usually have to rebuild it all from scratch.

Its tricky to actually see what is going on till you render...then you go back and re render....
    and it can be hard to make adjustments with out seeing the effect...in motion.

Addendum: I did create a dirty spot for the viper and it may still be in the Group.
    but I did not use it in this.It happens so fast, I thought no one would notice....

Thanks Man

Regards,