Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNemesis

nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
edited January 2014 in Finished Work #1
Hi, folks!
A couple of months ago I started to model the Sovereign class Enterprise (Nemesis style).
Now here is the result. It is not completely accurate and won't pit against IRML's model at all but it can stand close up shots really well and I am very satisfied.
As always everything is done in Cinema4D and Photoshop for the texture maps.
The model has about 838k polys and is textured with three 6144x6144 maps and one 4096x2048 map.
The captain's yacht is detachable and the nacelles are rigged but the yacht is not (yet?) fully modeled.
The observation lounge is a low res model.
103218.jpg
103219.jpg
103220.jpg
103221.jpg
103222.jpg
Post edited by nightfever on
JES
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Excellent work. :thumb: One of the best renditions I've seen and the lighting is, IMO, superb. :)
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    ...and won't pit against IRML's model at all...

No offense to IRML, but....ARE U KIDDING ME?

Even in these low rez pics it looks AMAZING! The view from the top looks real! Fantastic work to say the least. Will you be posting any higher rez renders?

Thanks for the pics!!!!!!!
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Absolutely amazing!
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very fine object.
    Did you get it done but now, great!
    trekki
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's fantastic. I don't know the differences in the ship between the films, (I know that they made changes) but yours definitely looks like the ship in Nemesis, I just watched that again recently. :) I'm absolutely loving that last render, with the green gaseous thing that reminds me of the setting for the final battle in the film.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    looks cool, going to do the scimitar and valdore to accompany it? the render with the green nebula in the background could quite plausibly be straight from the film, so great work. the render of the mesh is very helpful for other modellers to see the sorts of shapes you used to generate the overall form.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    This is my favorite version of the Ent-E, and your rendition is phenomenal.
    Like everybody else said, that last render looks right out of the movie, and the rest of them are just as good. I particularly like the first one, with the deflector casting a light onto the hull.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Nice job there, NF.

And you're right, IRML's is pretty damned nice. Mind you, the original isn't bad either.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thank you all.
    I will post some high res renders within the next few days.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    cool, lets see the interiors!
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    mattc wrote: »
    Nice job there, NF.

And you're right, IRML's is pretty damned nice. Mind you, the original isn't bad either.

The original is pretty nice :D Actually I'm partial to IRML's just because of the extreme closeup you can get, but that's personal preference :)
    IRML wrote: »
    cool, lets see the interiors!

No modeled interiors here except the lounge. And it's really simple, just plain textured walls, a table and some chairs. I'll post a shot very soon.
    What did you do with that big block above the saucer's hangar doors? (I think it's some kind of hangar observation...)
    Yea, it looks like some kind of room for something... possibly deal with the hangar bay...

At least by this shot:
    http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/nemesishd/nemesishd0283.jpg

Or, now that I look at it, it's a raised ceiling for the bay with clear windows...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    it's a control room, there's concept art out there
    It's true.

http://johneaves.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/the-enterprise-e-shuttle-bay-from-the-sotl-calendar/

I have a great concept sketch from John's Movies Sketchbook and it tells you exactly what that is, it's a control room and an observation room. I'd scan it but it's awfully large and has a page fold running down the center. ;)
    do let me know if you ever scan it, I'd love to see it
    IRML wrote: »
    do let me know if you ever scan it, I'd love to see it

Sure, since you're interested, I can scan it tonight. I'll have to splice the two halves together in Gimp, but that's no biggie. :)

By the way, if you can ever find a copy of this book, it's really worth it. I was fortunate enough to grab a copy after it came out. It has not only John's concept sketches, but also detail closeup of the build and final -E, not to mention a lot of other great stuff. If you're building a -E from First Contact or a Phoenix, or anything else from these movies, it's a great resource to have. I already checked an the US version of Amazon doesn't have it, I don't know about Amazon in the UK or other places, or other sites and stores. Here's an attached image of what the cover looks like.
    103280.jpg
    Thanks for the link to John Eaves blog entry. Id like to see the sketches of the control room, too. At the moment I have a simple room there with textures taken from STO screencaps. ;)
    Here are some hires renders, The flyby animation is going to render tonight.

Better quality (no server compression)
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4585494/Enterprise4.jpg
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4585494/final_11.jpg
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4585494/final_12.jpg
    103297.jpg103298.jpg103299.jpg
    JES
    Absolutely amazing, again. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Hello night fever,
    very beautiful object, when I read something from you?
    Greetings
    trekki :)
    Dude, the conference room looks fantastic. I'll scan that image from the book and upload it shortly. I was going to do it last night, but anybody who tried to get on the site last night knows what was going on. :rolleyes:
    OK, here it is, guys. (click it to enlarge)

eavessketch01.jpg?w=500

I have a flatbed scanner, so I did what I could with the page fold. At least the area in question is all on one page. This image goes to show the kind of detail that an artist like John Eaves goes into to give modelers plenty to work with. :)

The game I'm watching was on halftime, so this was a good time to do this. Plus, in case the site gets hacked again tonight, at least it's on here.
    thanks for that, I would like to build the shuttlebays one day
    No problem. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    OK, here it is, guys. (click it to enlarge)

eavessketch01.jpg?w=500

I have a flatbed scanner, so I did what I could with the page fold. At least the area in question is all on one page. This image goes to show the kind of detail that an artist like John Eaves goes into to give modelers plenty to work with. :)

The game I'm watching was on halftime, so this was a good time to do this. Plus, in case the site gets hacked again tonight, at least it's on here.

recognise the image, it is on the nemesis dvd in the extra features.
    Hi guys,
    I finished my animation. It took me nearly two months to tweak the movements but I still see some room for improvements.
    It's my first animation with sound effects, so don't lough ;)

[video=vimeo;80305827]
    JES
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    For your first go at this type of anim, I'd say you did a great job.
    Will be watching for the next one.
    Amazing. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    What's there to laugh about? That's freaking fantastic. :D
    COOOOOL !