Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Coolhand's guide to 80's super vehicles - Blue Thunder

CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
edited September 2013 in General Discussion #1
Just spamming a recent blog post, goes into a fair amount of detail on the Blue Thunder helicopter - if anyone is old enough to remember it.:),
http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/coolhands-guide-to-super-vehicles-01.html
103238.jpg
Post edited by Coolhand on
Tagged:

• TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I loved that copter. After seeing the movie, I built a pretty good copy out of my Legos. :p Shame what happens in the movie; hate that part... :\
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Loved blue thunder, had the model for a long while, wish I still had it.

Remember the TV show that just endlessly used the same few scenes from the movie?
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Tovette wrote: »
    I loved that copter. After seeing the movie, I built a pretty good copy out of my Legos. :p Shame what happens in the movie; hate that part... :

It broke my heart too, but as a small child you can't possibly grasp the greater meaning of the machine...

...Which was completely undone by the terrible TV series that followed, Rich, don't bother its just the worst kind of 80's cheese, as terrible as you suspect - its got hightower from police academy in it though. In the article I pretend that series never happened, it added nothing relevant anyway.
    I always prefared Blue Thunder to Airwolf, I mean I watched every episode of Airwolf, even the god awful canadian season, but Murphy never killed anyone who wasn't a real danger to himself or civilians.

I remember an episode of Airwolf where he blew away a crooked Sheriff and all his deputies with a missile barrage while they were armed with rifles and shotguns.
    Airwolf could get pretty dark really, I think the first season was more adult. Were they actually killed, or was it like the A-team where 200 rounds expended for no deaths, horrific wounds, etc. everyone just gets up, dusts themselves off, shaking fists at a departing helicopter?
    No, in Airworlf very few bad guys ever lived to the end of the episode.

The A team did start killing people in season five, but a lot of people had stopped watching by then.
    I've only watched the first season of airwolf recently, some of that is pretty grown up stuff. you know i'm pretty sure Murphy's actual direct bodycount in the film is just one, and the deceased was a total git.
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Loved BT, still one of my favorite 80s movies.