Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Searching for a Photoshop technique for "film grain" filter ...

somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
Hey there :D
I remember someone posting some time ago some renders of a trek ship (maybe it was Vyager, I can't find it) , edited in photoshop so that the image looked like taken from a movie film tape. It involved setting off the color channels or something ... I can't find the topic about that and I'm not using Photoshop (a friend of mine does Photoshop work for me) so I don't understand what was that about ... Thanks in advance :thumb:
Post edited by somacruz145 on

• Andrew MarchAndrew March0 Posts: 0Member
    do a search on google for photoshop film effect filters or plugins.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    do a search on google for photoshop film effect filters or plugins.

I already did that and I can't find the particular effect tutorial or plugin ... I don't know what the effect was called exactly and I can't find it ... I just know it was here on a 3D WiP thread but (you guessed) I don't remember the name either .
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Is it this one?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    haha check out tovettes posts in that
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    IRML wrote: »
    haha check out tovettes posts in that

Hehe the first post was killer :D
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Is it this one?

Yes, that's the one. Thank you very much for the link :thumb:
  • lusan3dlusan3d0 Posts: 0Member
    I already did that and I can't find the particular effect tutorial or plugin ... I don't know what the effect was called exactly and I can't find it ... I just know it was here on a 3D WiP thread but (you guessed) I don't remember the name either .

Hi, you can try to apply any real film look, I usually work with imngenomic.com/realgrain or film-effect-photoshop.com ,sometimes the taste of a classic film is the only one thing your render is missing.

I used Kodak Pro 100 UC over the render of the Corvette.
    102930.jpg