Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Cpt Worf - new Star Trek TV series

EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
edited August 2013 in General Discussion #1
Anybody finding anything else about this other than the announcement?
Post edited by EBOLII on
Tagged:

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    What announcement?
  • DarknessDarkness333 Posts: 43Member
    There was none, thank god.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Well, if you Google "Captain Worf," you'll get some results. It's a series that Michael Dorn is working on that he hopes will get picked up for a series. However, everything I found was several months old. Though, like most Star Trek "Prime Universe" series that we've seen hopeful announcements for, it has little chance of being picked up while JJ Abrams' films are still making money.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-captain-worf-tv-show-michael-dorn/
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    evil_genius_180 I too thought it was old news. Somebody was telling me it was a go. As I have found nothing in my search I thought I would post to see if somebody knew something else or not
    It's hard to say. If they got a go-ahead for a pilot, it may be real hush-hush right now. I certainly didn't find anything to indicate it was in production. But, again, it could be that it's being kept really quiet. Personally, I'd love to see another Star Trek TV series and I've always been fond of Worf, so that would suit me fine. It's actually one of the better sounding "possibilities" that I've seen by various people who want to do another Star Trek TV series. It's sure to be better than the "reboots."
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, but now the reboots are the canon line.
    Since Worf is a TNG-line character, there's little to no chance they'll resurrect this idea as a series. Not unless they somehow manage to filter it into New Trek, and that's just not likely.

If they'd started working on it before Abrams and the Lens Flares got a hold of things, maybe. Now, not so much.
    And therein lies the problem. They've basically handed JJ the "keys" to official Star Trek. However, that's not to say there's no chance for Michael's idea. If he can get enough people aboard and get the financial help he needs, he may be able to do it as a web series. But, I also don't know if he wants to do that and we can't totally predict what CBS/Paramount will do. We don't even know if they're considering doing more Trek on TV.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I like Michael Dorn, and George Takie for that matter, but neither one of them could really carry a show on their own.

Plus I would hate for every episode to be about honour.
  • DarknessDarkness333 Posts: 43Member
    George Takei ... I have lost every shred of respect for that man (not that much was to be lost) when he jerked a guy off on live broadcast. A bit off topic here, I know - but disgusting enough to mention.
    biotech wrote: »
    I like Michael Dorn, and George Takie for that matter, but neither one of them could really carry a show on their own.

Plus I would hate for every episode to be about honour.

True. (all of that) However, I don't think he'd have to carry the show on his own. While he would be the title character, (assuming they went with that title) one would have to assume he'd be captain of something. So, he would have a supporting cast, maybe even a co-lead. If this idea goes anywhere, they would work out any rough spots and try to do what would work best with it.

I just like that he's someone who clearly cares about Trek, unlike some people, (*cough* JJ Abrams *cough*) and that he's at least trying.