Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

My Star Trek Space Battle Tutorial

Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2013 in Tutorials #1
So I made a tutorial on how I do my Star Trek space battles...its only 2 and a half hours long, not too bad at all xD

Read the description below before viewing, I know this isnt a 100% perfect tutorial whatsoever, but for how it turned out, I'm pretty satisfied with it. :)
Well, you guys have been asking for it for a long time, and here it is. This is the biggest space battle tutorial I have ever done, clocking in at over 2 and a half hours. And I'm STILL not totally satisfied with it.

I want to let you guys know that this is NOT a perfect tutorial, and that there are probably better tutorials out there that teach better looking effects than what I produce in here. I know I'm pretty good, but I'm not the best. Not yet anyway ;)

I want to add on a few things to this tutorial, such as making missiles and beam weapons, as well as technical stuff such as render settings, before proceeding into getting this space battle totally finished in After Effects.

Credit goes to Kophjaeger, Baz1701, WileyCoyote, and Phoenix Bondi for their respective models.

I really hope you guys find this tutorial useful, and if you have any questions or feedback, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Here is the site for the KY Trails and KY Milky Way plugin: http://lastjedioutpost.ru/

Also be sure to like my facebook page, Burning Earth VFX, to check out other cool stuff I've been working on!

https://www.facebook.com/BurningEarthVFX

And finally, thank you all for being so patient. I know a lot of you have been waiting for this for a long time, and I've been wanting to get it done for a long time, so I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

-Chris
Post edited by Toa_Kaita on
Tagged:

• jrhotteljrhottel9 Posts: 0Member
    I'm only about half way through but the tutorial is going to be priceless. A lot of static in the audio. Thank you for making this.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    No problem :) I apologize about the poor audio quality, I'm not the best sound editor unfortunately.
  • dougkeenandougkeenan171 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks a lot! Looking forward to this immensely.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    My pleasure :)