Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalStudio Scale K'tinga

12346»

• REL777REL7770 Posts: 0Member
    It's for a client.

Here's a walkaround.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1r3ARoS-I&feature=youtu.be
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Oh man so awesome...this is invaluable for my Kronos One! Thanks for posting and awesome work. That client is sooo lucky
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The client is also likely paying a lot of money. ;) But, deservedly so. This is definitely a model that any Trekkie would love to own. (but most of us just can't afford ;))

I love the walkaround. The pictures have been great, but that really helped us to see the model as a whole and how amazing it is. (watched it in HD, of course) You're definitely one of the best scratch build model makers that I know of. :D
    She'll be finished tomorrow. I'll take lots of pics, here's the last ones before the decals were added. And a video showing the lighting.

ktingacover2.jpg
    Wow she looks so great! Awesome job!
    Freakin' fantastic. I love the paint and the lighting video was cool. :) It looks like you got a hold of the actual studio model.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive. That looks all kinds of awesome. Great job!

:thumb:
    Thank you!

A faux vingate pic.

vintage.jpg
    ktingafinal01.jpg
    ktingafinal02.jpg
    ktingafinal03.jpg
    Dude, that is so freakin' cool. I always love your builds, but this has to be my favorite. :D
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Dude, that is so freakin' cool. I always love your builds, but this has to be my favorite. :D
    This is really a gorgeous model. I've seen your Defiant, but are there others? And if so, do you have links to them?
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    that is an awesome model. the lighting is perfect and in some of your photos it looks as good as( if not better than) the originals from the star trek films, as good as a cgi model and almost as if it were real. excellent work, i'm not usually a fan of physical models(i did some warplanes and tanks once a long time back when i was younger) but that klingon ship is perfect in every way.
    Thank you very much.

ktingafinal05.jpg
    ktingafinal04.jpg
    ktingafinal06.jpg
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    This is really a gorgeous model. I've seen your Defiant, but are there others? And if so, do you have links to them?

He has a 1/1000 Enterprise-E here in the WIP section. Unfortunately, a lot of his other build threads have been "pruned" by the forum because of their age. :rolleyes:
    Here's a pic on a CG type background.

ktingafinal07.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Superb shots, especially the ones on the black background, look like the could be screenshots straight from the film.
    I was comparing the lighting on this model with ST:TMP which this matches perfecty, with ST6 and its interesting all the ship lighting they cut out when Kronos came on screen. Besides the engine glow they just kept thrle bridge area windows. No lighting or windows on the hull really. Wonder why they went that way...as Ive said before awesome work. Glad you went with more lights!
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Splendiferous!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    That is seven different kinds of lovely.
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    That is a beautiful ship. I find myself unable to properly express my admiration of your work. :)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Truly better than the original. Bravo. You're in a league all your own.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I dont know how I missed seeing her lit up, but that is epic.