Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestar Armada

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2013 in Work in Progress #1
This has not really gone to my liking. One I am lacking inspiration and motivation.

Here are the 3 wip vids I have uploaded. And I may start again from scratch... but this gives you an idea, or maybe a template of sorts to see what the heck is actually going on in the mind of Thunder...... LOL Rock On !

Wip #1

WPI #2

Wip #3
102704.png
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    sorry i took so long to get to this but my isp was playing up. i have now watched all the videos here in sequential order.
    the first video:
    WIP1 was nice and i liked the shots, animation and choice of angles however the whole video seemed too dark and greyed out. it appeared to lack bright areas on anything and all the images of the battlestars(and to a lesser extent the other ships) seemed to lack a texture or atleast have it so grey and featureless as to be invisible. it seemed that the whole of that video was an introduction before a larger battle, it seemed a bit too long for that but was still very good and nicely built up tension. i rather enjoyed the shooting sequences and although the nebula in the background seemed low resolution the images of saturn were a very nice addition. well done on starting work on some shots with so many craft in them.
    second video:
    good work on WIP2. nice to see shots inside the cylon ships but cyoln voices seemed too deep and was rather hard to work out what they were saying. i liked the motion of the vipers in the first sequences of it but it would be nice to have some of the new raiders in it aswell.
    third video:
    took ages to find a way to access without my isp blocking the flash, but i got in eventually. i enjoyed it and thought it was quite good but was disappointed by the lack of new style raiders. the missile effect for the raider's weapons was quite awesome and i liked tha little bit of camera shake you used at certain points. this one did not seem to have such large numbers of ships but the scene of them in battle was excellent. early shots in it still suffer the greyness problem.

i also watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EorDjxUADM (Viper vs Raider 2 (extended version)) which was pretty cool, i may have seen it before but cannot remeber. loved the video and thought it's explosion effects were greatly improved from some of your earlier work, quite convincing at points. engine flames(especially on the battlestar) could have used more work but otherwise it was excellent. finally i must say your gunfire effect in all of your work is nice, the bullets seem to be travelling at the optimum speed for a good view on camera.
    look forward to your next video, i must do some animation of my own. i would really like to replicate some of the things i see here.