Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNell or...The Booby ship

mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
edited November 2013 in Work in Progress #1
The title says it all.
Just started this today.
102549.jpg
Post edited by mikala on

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good, what are you using for references?

Every time I have searched there has been virtually nothing online.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    That angle makes it look like a butt. Maybe that could be the back of some kind of vaccu-form chair.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    This has been on my (must one day model) to-do list for an age; looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Initial feedback is the bust should be more refined, more perky as it were...
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    it looks like a ball sack!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I must concur with IRML
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    This is a real ship???
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    mikala wrote: »
    The Booby ship
    That angle makes it look like a butt.
    IRML wrote: »

Well, on something we can all agree, it doesn't look like your typical spaceship! :lol:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    This is a real ship???

From "Battle Beyond the Stars" or as I like to say "Star Control - The Movie" ^^
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    She is one of the weirdest designs ever I must agree.
    For reference I'm just using the grainy crap online and watching the movie looking for whatever shows onscreen.
    There was/is a thread or two over on the RPF with a few pics I'd not seen before.
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    I remember seeing a model of it on TV a long time ago and the designer said it was made by taking a casting of a woman laying down with her back arched back. But was a long dang time ago so I might be mistaken.
    Could be an interview of the Chiodo Brothers.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member

GvKVwQk.jpg
    102550.jpg
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    She is one of the weirdest designs ever I must agree.
    For reference I'm just using the grainy crap online and watching the movie looking for whatever shows onscreen.
    There was/is a thread or two over on the RPF with a few pics I'd not seen before.

looks like a good start, I've seen this strange film a few times, Nell was always a mamorable, err, memorable ship. Having John-Boy from the Waltons in it made it all the weirder somehow.

I think James Cameron worked on this, I'd have to check the credits but AFAIK, he was working for Corman at the time.
    He did, in fact he made that ship.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Coolhand wrote: »
    I think James Cameron worked on this, I'd have to check the credits but AFAIK, he was working for Corman at the time.

Who wasn't? :)
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Beautifull and big boobs y..... wait.... itA’s a starship!!!! :o

:lol::lol::lol:

I remember her. It must be of some help: http://www.trekmeshes.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=512 ;)
    Thanks Starship
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I remember this ship, when I first saw the movie, I thought the ship could use a bra.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member

That was my very first thought when I saw this, I didn't dare to say it loud...LOL
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Good God...I remember that movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJTPdNNQB4
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    Thos movie is always a guilty pleasure. I liked robert vaugh in it.
    Robert Vaughn and George Peppard were the big stars of that movie.
    Although Sybil Danning brought some stunning assets along with her.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Robert Vaughn played the same role in The Magnificent Seven (best ever remake of The Seven Samurai) and Battle Beyond the Stars (worst ever remake of The Seven Samurai.)
    Well at least he was consistent!
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    I remember this ship, when I first saw the movie, I thought the ship could use a bra.

nell-x3.png

A real PITA to model, that is if you are lucky and have a ld of this show or if they ever pressed it to dvd. ?? It was probably filmed on bottom shelf 35mm if that. lol GRAIN/ I could swear I had a toy of this ship or some model. Was a real ship collector managed to get toys of ships from shows I did not know what untill years later. Definitely Sunday movie fodder, watched this many times as a kid.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    No kidding.
    I'm trying not to use that Garage kit for ref as a lot of it is off. Especially in the wing (engine/weapon?) area. Great for rough layout though.
    Yeah that whole bridge area and offset detail which I have forgotten what it was, are way WAY off. Not to mention the boobs etc. I could swear there were a few B&W studio shots out there sans the bra and ribbed tube, but I cannot find anything.
    There were some decent ones in an old Starlog or Cinemagic (that I used to have but can't for the life of me find now)magazine.
    It showed the Chiodo Brothers I believe standing on a large alien terrain set with Nell hovering above it.
    There were some decent ones in an old Starlog or Cinemagic (that I used to have but can't for the life of me find now)magazine.
    It showed the Chiodo Brothers I believe standing on a large alien terrain set with Nell hovering above it.

Oh man that is probably where I am remembering it from. I have a box of those damned things somewhere. I doubt it would be cir the era but more like a showcase look back given I think mine start about 86 or so. I had one full of blakes 7 stuff that I keep meaning to find again and scan it in before I loose the mags.
    I was going to get the bluray from america, but I noticed it was coded to that country only.

I always thought blurays were region free?