Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Romulan Wars

XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
edited March 2018 in Work in Progress #1
Well I had promised myself that I wouldnA’t start anything new. So much for that. Just had a flash of an idea for what a Romulan ship might look like during the beginning of the Romulan Wars so I blocked it in real fast. Since I might have a new gig I canA’t talk about at the moment I donA’t know how much work IA’ll be able to get done on this. Or any of my other projects.
1905.jpg
1906.jpg
112217.jpg
Post edited by XFozzboute on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice to see something romulan. very blocky at the moment so will look forward to seeing how it progresses.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    That's why it's called blocking in. :D
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I've always been a fan of the Romulans.
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Foz.....Do you mind if I take this basic shape and play with it.....looks simple enough of a starting shape that I see some real fun possibilities with it.....Not sure if I will do any particular genre, just a nice starship.
    No problem. Go right ahead.
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Thank you. I know that I am nowhere near your expertise in creating these wonderful ships that you do. I will try to do this one up right though. Now, on a differnt note....Please o please.....with sugar on top....whipped cream, and a cherry.....please let your next museum ship be the Bison. I have been waiting to see your take on what is my favorite SF museum ship.
    What really matters is that you have fun doing the work, no matter how it might turn out.
    Well I already started to block in the shapes for the Bison so it might be the ship I work on next. No promises. :D
    UPDATE...
    Did a little work on the engines. The pics are bigger than I normally do because I rendered them on my new machine while I was rendering pics of my spacestation on the old one.
    1910.jpg
    1909.jpg
    the fuselage area seems too wide and a non circular cross section my look better. the double wing design is nice.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Looking good, looking good :thumb: And I very much appreciate the larger images!
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Gee that looks awfully familiar O_O;;;; hmmm
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    the fuselage area seems too wide and a non circular cross section my look better. the double wing design is nice.

I agree; perhaps if aft of the immediate "head" section the lower half were to be deformed from a convex curve along the sides, to a concave one?
    VK08 wrote: »
    Gee that looks awfully familiar O_O;;;; hmmm
    Yes. I know.

UPDATE...
    Things are starting to come together here. I’m really starting to dive into what Max 2014 can do and I’m enjoying it. I’m getting more done on the warp engines and getting the shape of the wings about were I want them. I’ve also added impulse engines and I think the shuttle bay will be stuck in there underneath. I’ve also merged the two halves of the main hull together.
    1913.jpg
    1914.jpg
    1915.jpg
    starting to look properly romulan now with that wing panelling.
    UPDATE...
    I’ve added more detail to the wings and a fin. Not sure about the fin I like it but I don’t know if it works.
    1916.jpg
    1917.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like the overall design, very classic and very Romulan.
    I would keep the fin, it looks more Romulan with it. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    fin is a good addition, wings are coming on great but i still think the fuselage is a little to wide and circular.
    UPDATE...
    Here’s something I haven’t worked on in awhile. I added more detail to the wings and reaction control thrusters to the warp engines. Well, being Romulan they might be called over reaction control thrusters.
    2140.jpg
    2141.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Those pylons are looking very nice!

XFozzboute wrote: »
    Well, being Romulan they might be called over reaction control thrusters.
    I see what you did there. :cool:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, very nice. I'm impressed that you managed to basically slap one large and two small cylinders together, and yet it comes out looking distinctly Romulan!
    UPDATE...
    I added some kind of venty thing to the back of the pylon. And lens flares. :D
    2142_a_00000_00000.jpg
    A bunch of new details to the warp engine. Don’t know how much more I’ll add.
    2143.jpg
    really coming together as a design now that details are going on. but it needs more, and certainly far more details on the currently smooth hull structure.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Is that ship in some sort of atmosphere? Else why would there be flares around the lights?
    Elowan wrote: »
    Is that ship in some sort of atmosphere? Else why would there be flares around the lights?

as far as i'm aware lens flares are caused by the camera lens regardless of whether the photo is being taken in a vacuum or the atmosphere.

http://images.spaceref.com/news/2013/ooiss035e013379.jpg
    http://grin.hq.nasa.gov/IMAGES/SMALL/GPN-2000-001145.jpg
    http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/586470main_image_2059_946-710.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve bee unable to get online for a few days. My internet has gotten pissy for some reason.
    So anyway I decided to pull out a ship I had started to work on several years ago.
    2144.jpg
    2145.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Ohhhh I like that ship. (The Romulan one looks great as well.)
    UPDATE...
    I decided that the RCS was looking craptacular so I added a few more bits and now I’m happy with it.
    2146.jpg
    This is what the thrusters on the saucer look like. Unfortunatly I lost this save and will have to do the work all over again. Oh well.
    2147.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work.
    not sure where that RCS cluster(in the top image) is on the vessel(or which vessel it is on) but it certainly looks cool. bottom one rather nice also.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    By the look of thatcluster, I'd say it's thatlittle gadgetty thing on the aft nacelle from the ship in post #26...