Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek: Horizon - Modelers and Effects Artists Needed

tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2013 in Looking for... #1
Hey everybody,

I'm currently in the pre-production process of my largest and most complex film to date. After years of freelance filmmaking and in my spare time writing, directing, editing, shooting, and scoring (among other things) my own narrative short films, I've finally decided to jump into the deep end and shoot my first feature length project. I'll be writing, directing, editing, scoring, and doing visual effects work for this film. I might be crazy...

At first I questioned whether I should do a "fan film" as my first feature. Especially with a property as revered as Star Trek, fan films can be incredibly challenging, let alone the fact that it's incredibly difficult to do well on a non-existent budget. However, for a practically no-budget film, I knew I had to do something I'm passionate about and that I know I can get other people passionate about as well. There is perhaps no franchise other than Star Trek that I am this passionate about. Star Trek, specifically Enterprise in some ways, has literally changed my life. So, this is my way of giving back, and what a fun way to do it.

Some of you may have seen my progress in modeling the NX-01 in the Work in Progress section of the forum. The immense amount of time I've sank into just the NX-01 exterior and interiors has made me realize that I really cannot realistically do all of the required visual effects work for this project myself. I need some extra hands, and I thought this would be the perfect place to see if anyone would be interested.

The film requires Romulan ships, Vulcan ships, Andorian ships, interiors and exteriors, the list goes on. Screen credit will be given to all artists involved for what I certainly know is incredibly hard and demanding work. I should also note that anyone with skills in other areas of film production are certainly welcome to work on the project. With everything I'm working on, I could use all the help I can get.

I've already released two video blogs with updates on the status of the project, and I plan to continue this trend throughout production up until the film is released. I'll be releasing a new one in the next couple of days. The video blogs are available here:

Video Blog 01

My official website is located at tommykraft.com

If anyone is interested, feel free to reply here, send me a PM, or email me at tommy[@] projectnresource.com

Thanks!
- Tommy
Post edited by tommygdawg on
Tagged:

• LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Good luck, it looks interesting. Most Trek fan films take place during TOS period so it will be nice to see something different.
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Agreed, granted that series "Hidden Frontier" was a TNG-ish fan series... right now, the only big series is ST: New Voyages/Phase II and a few others, but they all take place in the TOS era...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    Good luck, it looks interesting. Most Trek fan films take place during TOS period so it will be nice to see something different.

Thanks! That was one of my thoughts too. Aside from the fact that personally I'd just prefer to do a fan film in the Ent era, I also felt like it'd be good to do something other than TOS.
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Agreed, granted that series "Hidden Frontier" was a TNG-ish fan series... right now, the only big series is ST: New Voyages/Phase II and a few others, but they all take place in the TOS era...

Yeap. I do like New Voyages. I love their recreation of the TOS sets. If only I had the budget to do that for the NX-01 sets :D