Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Titan Out Of Time

Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Finished Work #1
What is with Earth Starships and Time Travel...look what showed up in the skies over Colorado Springs today.

Oh and I totally had the TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday in mind when I created this.

Sean P. Tourangeau - Designer U.S.S.Titan & Vintage Aircraft photo
Ellery Connell - U.S.S. Titan Mesh

*Note the vintage aircraft were photographed today during the USAF Academy flyover that took place instead of the Thunderbirds since they are grounded this year
101741.jpg
Post edited by Dark Saber on

• NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I actually saw a physical model of the Titan at the Queen Mary a few years ago.
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    That model was built by Gene Rizzardi based off of Ellery's Mesh and my schematics
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, and nice cover!
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    rather cool but either the starship is VERY high up accounting for the difference in lighting compared to the aircraft( i can recognise the p 52 mustang and the b25 mitchell) or you need to make it slightly darker and less greyed out.
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    She is higher up in the atmosphere I wanted her to be out of focus
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    You can tell the ship is higher up because the planes appear to be larger, though we know that they could all fit inside the ship's shuttle bay with room to spare. That means there's considerable distance between them. Since it is so high up, atmospheric haze would account for what appears to be a difference in lighting.

Nice work. The only thing I'd suggest is making the Titan a little grainier, to better match the planes. Then it will look less like a composite. Though, given that that's the only thing I could come up with nitpick wise, it's a great composition already. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i'm not saying it's bad but having that of of focus greyed out look suggests it is really high up, it would have to be truly massive to be that high but still subtend such a large angle in the field of view.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    How much bigger is the ship than a 747?

I see those go over all the time, and they a barely bigger than a dot.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Well, a 747 is 70.6 meters long, the Titan is 454 meters long. It would also depend on exactly where in the atmosphere the Titan is. Remember, the Enterprise was very low in the atmosphere when it was flung back in time in Tomorrow is Yesterday.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    As luck would have it, a 747 did go over today, and I managed to get a picture of it.

My human eyes were able to make out the wings and tail, unfortunately the best the camera on my phone could do is a dot, but at least the exhaust trail points to it!
    101758.jpg
    046.jpg 44.9K
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I like it, one of these days I'm going to finish texturing the Titan.