Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA CLass

LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Finished Work #1
hello all
Yesterday I read ds9 remasterd thread, and was so disappointed with the new look, so I went and searched for enterprises that are at our disposal. Wanted to make my "remasterd" version, so this is it.

Just to add, I'm on this forum from 2004, when I started doing 3d (awaiting for episode 3), and this site helped me a lot to progress. Watching finished works, analysing them, what worked, what didn't, reading critics and comments...just helped enormously, pushing me to do better job every time.
So, thanks, I guess and hope you like this new work :)

And one more thing, new trek movie is just awful trek movie, worst than last one, but an average film in general.
101490.jpg
Post edited by Latos on

• YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work, love the lighting. I've never seen this Enterprise D before, looks like a nice model.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    your enterprise is very good but the shuttles in the foreground are blurred. the lighting on the enterprise is effective and the space background works well. how about animating it?
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    [...] but the shuttles in the foreground are blurred. [...]
    That's because they're moving towards the Enterprise...

On a side note, it could've been wise to make sure the navigational lights were positioned correctly, instead of one ship being a mirror of the other ;) The Enterprise looks pretty fine though! Nice lighting :)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Got to agree on the blurred shuttles but I like the Enterprise.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    That's because they're moving towards the Enterprise...

Yeah, but when you have them blurred that much, you're telling the audience: "RAMMING SPEEED!!!!!"
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks good, except for the thing with the suicide shuttles. Also, why are the shuttle impulse engine glows different colors?
  • LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys, about the kamikaze shuttles, i wanted to simulate dof, and have all focus on the enterprise. Two shuttles are closest to the camera lens, so that's the reason for the blur.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Glorious :)

My only gripe is there are far too many windows lit up. A more random selection would look better.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Beautiful image!
  • LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    thanks!
    @Bmused55 it's just to show how massive the ship is. Windows give you depth, and they are in the shaded part of the ship, so i thought that would be good effect.