Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DInvictus Class In Blender

Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hello, all. I've been away a while, but I am trying to get back to my old hobby. This mesh is a project I settled on in order to get back in the swing of things, and try to remember all my Blender skills, which have gotten quite rusty.

This ship Represents the Invictus Class. It's loosely based on the first mock-up of the Voyager model, which was abandoned in favor of the now-familiar style. I think this class probably was being constructed at the same time the Intrepid Class was being designed. Its technology is older and less innovative, and it was probably never constructed in large numbers, as the Intrepid class would have displaced it.

Final design is not set, yet. I can see just about anything getting changed. Let me know what you guys think.
101627.jpg
101628.jpg
101629.jpg
101630.jpg
101631.jpg
Post edited by Polaris 004 on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    certainly see similarities to intrepid class, nice naccelles.
  • calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    Nice to see. It looks very similar to Rick Sternbach's prototype design for the USS Voyager, which I've recently finished building in Sketchup myself. Look forward to seeing more on this as it develops.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    ^ Yeah, I was thinking about your build when I was looking at the pictures. :)

Looking good so far. It's nice to see you're getting back into modeling. :)