Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

[Blender 2.67] Composite Node not working.

KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
Good day, I've been getting into the use of composite nodes lately in order to try and get the effects I'd like on some of my projects, however, I've run into an issue that I've been having for quite awhile now that is starting to get rather frustrating.

In my current project, I have a glow-like effect going on with my the engines of a ship; however, whenever I render it the glow goes 'through' the model as well and I'm not sure why that is happening. Both the main ship model, and the engine part, are on seperate render layers.

Bad Node?

If you open that image up (I can't attach any images right now, gives me a constant 'server is full') you'll notice that in the composite viewer it shows the glowy material as going through the main mesh.
Post edited by Kalshion on
Tagged:

• vivienneanthonyvivienneanthony0 Posts: 0Member
    Kalshion wrote: »
    Good day, I've been getting into the use of composite nodes lately in order to try and get the effects I'd like on some of my projects, however, I've run into an issue that I've been having for quite awhile now that is starting to get rather frustrating.

In my current project, I have a glow-like effect going on with my the engines of a ship; however, whenever I render it the glow goes 'through' the model as well and I'm not sure why that is happening. Both the main ship model, and the engine part, are on seperate render layers.

Bad Node?

If you open that image up (I can't attach any images right now, gives me a constant 'server is full') you'll notice that in the composite viewer it shows the glowy material as going through the main mesh.

Hi,

Usually you do a ADD color not MIX color, or alpha over.

I usually render the material index in the render passes. So I can separate the visible engine parts and blur that out then alpha over. If you are wondering what I mean. I can easily make a quick blend showing what I mean.

Vivienne
  • KalshionKalshion0 Posts: 0Member
    I know what you are referring, watched a tutorial made by someone on BlenderGuru about that... I wonder if I should do that instead.

Edit:

Ok, decided to do some compositing instead which has brought out the glow I want.. only problem is that what I have in compositing is not translating into the actual render itself (the backdrop in compositing shows what I want, but when I do the actual render itself, it remains bare) I think I've done everythign right x,x
    101566.png