Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Space Battleship Yamato

wmwconnorswmwconnors0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Looking for... #1
I am looking for digital models from this very popular Japanese series. I would expect to find a large number of them...but that's not the case. Only a handful to be found. Can anyone point me at a good resource for them?
Post edited by wmwconnors on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    google 3d warehouse perhaps?
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    If you don't mind doing a bit of conversion there is a highly detailed SU model in the Warehouse.
    Authors name is Hana I think, for the Yamato anyway. You will have to get the link to his/her webpage there.
    mikala wrote: »
    If you don't mind doing a bit of conversion there is a highly detailed SU model in the Warehouse.
    Authors name is Hana I think, for the Yamato anyway. You will have to get the link to his/her webpage there.
    how to convert is detailed on my tutorial on this site, it gets the skp model into blender from which it can be exported as an obj or 3ds to other software.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Or if you have Deep Exploration you can export to your format of choice.
    Just watch for flipped polys if exporting to obj that way. :)
  • ChimasChimas0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi, I'm newbie in this forum.
    I have Yamato starship and COSMO Tiger for HW2 engine in *.BIG file format.
    It's here: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7835780_65540047_755982

If you can't extract the OBJs, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  • wmwconnorswmwconnors0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks! I will see what I can do...but I must remind everyone that I'm 3D Dumb.
  • wmwconnorswmwconnors0 Posts: 0Member
    wmwconnors wrote: »
    Thanks! I will see what I can do...but I must remind everyone that I'm 3D Dumb.

Sadly, unable to extract the files. Thanks for trying!
    wmwconnors wrote: »
    Sadly, unable to extract the files. Thanks for trying!
    try my tutorial, it is also available in slightly more detail on instructables (search for sketchup to blender or see my signature). i can see no way for my method to go wrong, just follow the steps. even if you are "3D Dumb" you should be able to do it, any problem with it PM me. what program do you use, if you want the yamato as a basic geometry+texture .obj file i can perhaps do it for you, if you want it as an .obj with movable parts and separate turrets etc then for a few favours i could do that from the .skp model. it really would help to know what format you want the yamato in and what sort of use you intend to put it to(image renders,animation,redesign by 3d modelling,etc), knowing what 3d software you have would also be good.