Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalBlood Angels Army Project (pic carpet bombing ftw!)

1789101113»

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Pfwow.. long time no posting. Cheers guys! Sorry for the delay in replies. Life kinda grabbed hold of me.

Sneak peak! :D After some slow painting of some large models, I felt I needed a change. ^^

IMG_5868.JPG
    Pfwow.. long time no posting. Cheers guys! Sorry for the delay in replies. Life kinda grabbed hold of me.

Sneak peak! :D After some slow painting of some large models, I felt I needed a change. ^^

IMG_5868.JPG
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Is that kicking it in the teeth or lifting it up to shoot it's face off?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I say kick in the teeth.
    Looks great!.
    lol, indeed! Kicking in teeth for the Emprah!
    Progress so far, I've decided to glue the weapons. Magnetizing will be better suited for a less posed model. That, and I was unwilling to search & wait for the suitable magnets.
    The arms themselves are just temporarily attached. I'll paint them separately. The 'fist' is not attached to the arm either, but the eldar is firm within its grasp. ^^

IMG_5882.JPG
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    So much violence in that one piece. I like it. :devil: Is the sword that's impaling that one dude going to be bloody? That would be awesome.
    No kill like overkill.
    Bloody? Fo' so! There's no impaling without blood, what where you thinking?! :D

I adjusted all poses of the victims slightly. That's the main bonus with finecast, easliy bended when heated in warm water. More pics to follow.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Hehehe, it's a blood bath, I love it!.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    fighting three at once, he might have his work cut out. on the other hand the "mech thing"(not sure of the proper name) looks pretty tough. look forward to seeing it painted.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Can't say I'm a fan of the current dreadnought design. I much prefer the older 3rd Edition blocky dreads. Much more like the walking tanks they are meant to be. The new ones look too much like a big marine. Interesting composition though. My 2c would be that the sword/bayonet impaled guy might look better if his hands were gripping the blade.
    Wait, so are those the "official" dreadnoughts now? Damn...
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    I thought they were the new standard, but it seems maybe it's just a Forge World thing? Seems like the old ones are "Mark IV" and the giant marine looking ones are "Contemptor Pattern".

It's interesting just how long the Mark IV style has been around. I dug through my bookshelf and the oldest catalogue I have is from 1994. The first couple of pages are Bjorn the Fell-Handed and the more generic Blood Angels (Furioso?) one, which were the original miniatures in the Mark IV style as I recall. 20 years, more or less.

I was sure I had a catalogue with the super oldschool 1st/2nd edition ones too, but I couldn't find it. They were the Furibundus, Deredeo and Contemptor, so I gather the Forge World Contemptor Pattern is something of a reimagining of the original.