Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSpin It

Klavs81Klavs81224 Posts: 197Member
edited June 2013 in Finished Work #1
Hi guys, thought I'd share this one. A private commission for some art from the show 'Talespin'. Hope you like it!
101027.jpg
Post edited by Klavs81 on
Tagged:

• bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Ooooh yeah! That show had great planes. Did you draw one of Khan's fighter planes?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    excellent
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    I loved that show and love that plane. Honestly, i am still disappointed there is not a real world counterpart.
    The PBY Cataline and the Grumen (gorman? something like that) Goose come close, but they'll never be the Conwing L19 ;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Great pic and a great show.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i'm not really much of a fan of propeller driven aircraft(i always preferred jet fighters/bombers) but that is a good model and a good render, the fire,smoke trail,sea and sky are almost indistinguishable from a real photo and the lens flare around the sun is effective.not really sci fi though but well done.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent render of a great show. Brings back memories
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    ha!
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    largo wrote: »
    I loved that show and love that plane. Honestly, i am still disappointed there is not a real world counterpart.
    The PBY Cataline and the Grumen (gorman? something like that) Goose come close, but they'll never be the Conwing L19 ;)

largo, are you familiar with the C-82 or C-119? They're not amphibians, but they're big transports with the same layout and radial engines.
  • experimationexperimation331 Posts: 21Member
    Awesome! Modeled my own Seaduck a few years back and you knocked it outta the park!
  • DGWilliamsDGWilliams0 Posts: 0Member
    Love this!

Edit: I really hope your client is so giddy with this result that he commissions a build of the Iron Vulture at once!