Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DAVATAR CLASS

NarsilNarsil0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2013 in Work in Progress #1
It's been awhile since I've been active on these forums. I thought I would get back in the game. I may return to my INTERCEPTOR CLASS and ATLANTIS CLASS sometime in the near future. I thought I would start with something simple, like a shuttlecraft/runabout.

Here she is, the AVATAR CLASS runabout!

Just some brief history about the design. She is suppose to be the captain's gig attached to my ATLANTIS CLASS explorer. The Avatar is larger that a shuttle, but somewhat smaller than a DANUBE CLASS runabout.

Fictionally, she is a combined efforted form the R&D department at WAYNE ENTERPRISES, and STARK INDUSTRIES. WAYNE ENTERPRISES came up the with design of the vessel. While STARK INDUSTRIES designed the Avatar's warp and impulse systems. As well as here weapon and sensor systems.
100802.jpg
Post edited by Narsil on
Tagged:

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    really incorperating batman and ironman in to startrek *rolls eyes*
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    ^ I'd hold my tongue if I were you. Narsil's 2D designs were awesome to behold back when he was posting regularly. Whether we agree with the combining of DC/Marvel universes into the Trekverse or not, the design is what matters.

Narsil nice to have you back. :) I think this is one you started back before you went offline? It looks decidedly familiar...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    One of Force Works aircraft looked klingon..
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    the design is interesting but personally i am not keen, it is like a flying wing which could be nice but you have made it to squat to be one of those, the details on the top view are good but the image looks unfinished for the other angles.
  • NarsilNarsil0 Posts: 0Member
    The Batman and Iron Man references in no way affect the design of the ship. It won't fire batarangs or repulsor beams or be in Iron Man's colors. It was just something fun to through in. Mr. Michael Okuda did it a lot during his run on Star Trek.

I wanted the design to be sleek, but also be bulkier than your standard Starfleet shuttlecraft. I wanted a "tough little ship".

I have added some more detailing to the dorsal view. Got a little more to do than I will started on the other views.
    100815.jpg
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like it very much! It fits really well with the established designs, but at the same time it's very original.
    If only the Delta Flyer would've looked like this.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Thank you Rekkert! :)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    This looks great. Having both Stark Industries and Wayne Enterprises as "manufacturers" of the shuttle is a fun reference. Good to see you back here Narsil! :)
    [QUOTE=Starscream;568467Narsil nice to have you back. :) I think this is one you started back before you went offline? It looks decidedly familiar...[/QUOTE]

Thank you Starscream. Yes, I had posted an early design of the Avatar in my ATLANTIS CLASS thread.
    jsut a heads up i tryed using ur orthos to model this and they dont line up spacificly the bow and side veiw mainly the cockpit area
    colbmista wrote: »
    jsut a heads up i tryed using ur orthos to model this and they dont line up spacificly the bow and side veiw mainly the cockpit area

I was afraid of that. Could you please post images of your model so I can make the corrections to my imimages. Thank you for taking the time to try and model my design. : )
    yeah the way u have designed it the cockpit area should be 2.5x wider then what you have
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    I like it and hope to see it in 3d. Keep up the good work.
    it isnt much yet but this is what i got

shuttle.jpg
    100834.jpg
    Thank you! Wow! That is bad on my part. This will help big time.
  • [Irishman][Irishman]177 Posts: 117Member
    Narsil wrote: »
    The Batman and Iron Man references in no way affect the design of the ship. It won't fire batarangs or repulsor beams or be in Iron Man's colors. It was just something fun to through in. Mr. Michael Okuda did it a lot during his run on Star Trek.

I wanted the design to be sleek, but also be bulkier than your standard Starfleet shuttlecraft. I wanted a "tough little ship".

I have added some more detailing to the dorsal view. Got a little more to do than I will started on the other views.

You've really thought this out well. I'm digging it. The proportions so far seem balanced, and I'm loving the detailing.
  • Startrek91481Startrek91481171 Posts: 0Member
    I thought the references were funny, and I think there is nothing wrong at all with crossing over if done logically in a fan situation. Obviously in film that is for canon....

The design is very good. I would prefer if it was a little more elongated. It seems cardassian to me.
    Thank you for the comments StarTrek91481. I guess I never saw Cardassian in the design. Thanks a lot. ;)

I haven't had much time to work on this as I would like to. Work and life in general have kept me busy. Just added some more detailing. Been playing around with phaser placement. Please let me know if you guys have any other suggestions. Hope to get to do more this coming week. Cheers.

101026.jpg