Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEarth Alliance Omega Class Destroyer [Babylon5]

• -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys :)
    Here some update on Aft section,now let's start engine section:rolleyes:
    sumisu55 wrote: »
    Do you think you could post some orthos when you are done, to show all of her glory?

If model done,of course i can make some high res ortho
    100888.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, continuing to look all kinds of awesome.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I am loving the leave of detail being put into this.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    well done on the aft section.
    Thanks guys the comments :)

The omega is 95% done in modelling,some clean up still have to do,optim the polygons number etc...
    Here the images:
    100905.jpg100906.jpg
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    That is one pretty Omega, can you show us the ends of the grav section?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work really loving this model
    that is excellent, probably a better model than they actually used for filming babylon 5.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I think it maybe but I read that the detail could be pealed off to shorten render times.
    The real differences is likely to be in the quality of rendering and texturing.
    Knight26 wrote: »
    That is one pretty Omega, can you show us the ends of the grav section?

Later i will do some other angle render too,and Ortho view
    that is excellent, probably a better model than they actually used for filming babylon 5.

Original models 20 year ago created(in amiga!) and still the model part is nice,i think they did the maximum what that amigas and that early version of lightwave let.i respect 100% the CG artist who work on B5 on 1990's years...

So about better or not,its cant compare :)
    -=sAs=- wrote: »

Original models 20 year ago created(in amiga!) and still the model part is nice,i think they did the maximum what that amigas and that early version of lightwave let.i respect 100% the CG artist who work on B5 on 1990's years...

I agree completly SAS, given the equipment at the time, they did a remarkable job, heck just look at the updates they did on the Starfury and B5 for Lost Tales to see what better S/W and H/W can do.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Ir's kinda funny that the hero Starfury from the old days became the background model for Lost Tales.

Heh, that was just what I was about to say, and it's not even textured yet.
    -=sAs=- wrote: »

True enough, as has already been said I'm sure, I'd love to see a remastered or whatever version of the entire original run of B5 with the original CG artists kicking arse with current level cg to really bat it out of the park. The HD Blu Ray remastered Treks are one thing, with their updated optical effects, but B5 redone would look absolutely phenomenal.
    Did some ortho view today,i Hope enought good :)

If someone want to use,feel free to do it.
    100914.jpg100915.jpg100916.jpg
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    I have always loved these ships, they remind me of Syd Mead's designs for the Leonov from 2010...
    Awesome. Weird how the head appears so small in the orthos, I guess it is because it was always filmed from a certain angle which made the front appear larger or something. Fantastic work. Are you going to texture the thing as well?
    Of course will texture,and soon start "Endgame" episode battle damaged version...
    Next ships:Nova class,Hyperion class
    your orthos are somewhat too dark to make out the details properly. look forwrad to seeing the battle damaged version.
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Awesome. Weird how the head appears so small in the orthos, I guess it is because it was always filmed from a certain angle which made the front appear larger or something. Fantastic work. Are you going to texture the thing as well?

Much as I hate to say it, his rotating section is WAY too large. Look at this official image:

Officialdestroyer_omega_zps7dd265e0.jpg

And tell me his rotating section isn't?
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    His rotating section might be bigger (TWSS):D but it looks better than the original renders. BTW just saw the Ortho's. I never thought I would like a B5 ship like this. Great job sAs. Now do B5. :thumb:
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Much as I hate to say it, his rotating section is WAY too large. Look at this official image:

Officialdestroyer_omega_zps7dd265e0.jpg

And tell me his rotating section isn't?

Ahhh, that explains it, yeah, you're clearly right, shouldn't be too hard to fix though.
    Oh yeah,well...
    Im not sure i will fix this,sadly i did "mistake" in engine section too,its more bigger too than the original blueprints...
    If i re-scale the gravi section,its will look bad coz of engine section,so then need rescale the engine section too what for i not have much feel :rolleyes:
    So i really dont know yet what i will to do with that,rescale,or just let this sizes,and suggestion?
    Depends really. What were you striving for? Adherence to the original, or just the feel? As a model in and of itself, the you've made something beautiful.
    Well looking at your version and looking at the official one it looks like the proportions of your grav section are correct, it is just that it is too big. I wouldn't mess with the rear section as that looks close enough, but as it is a separate section anyway it looks to me like you could scale that down to the correct size, or if not exactly the right size at least closer to it without it having a detrimental effect on the overall ship, unless there is something I'm missing? Either way it is great work.
    I see it as a great update to the original design, 100% faithful, no, but something we would want to see on screen, oh heck yes. You could even say it is a later block design with larger grav section and engines. That is not unheard of.
    Well,i decide about mid way in original size,and my version.
    How Talon write,at least close to original...so some re-scale,details rotate,move etc....here the image about news.
    Its seems better?
    100962.jpg
    Looks good to me. Or should that be fantastic? Comparing the two, and looking at yours close up it is really great to see how much detail you have shoved in there. Though I will just point out that the Earth Force insignia on the front section is back to front.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Sweet update.
    Very nice, excellent compromise.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    The rotating section must be hell for fire control...