Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEarth Alliance Omega Class Destroyer [Babylon5]

-=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey all

Here is my new project,the Omega class destroyer from babylon 5,one of my favorite series,and favorite ships.
I didnt do new project a while..DS9 stuck in textures,i no idea ds9 will finnish or not...i cant take the power for start texture.:rolleyes:

Sadly,same as before in DS9,from original omega class in show,not much HD reference,many detail need to do in own,but its mean can make to very detailed :cool:
Front section almost done...more picture come soon.
100772.jpg
100773.jpg
Post edited by -=sAs=- on
Tagged:

• Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    That is a great start, and we can always use more B5 stuff on here. Man if a show ever needed a good sequel, or dare I say it a reboot with better SFX, it is B5. Though I do love it so, even with its little flaws.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    babylon 5 is awesome, and that is from someone who first watched it only a few years ago long after many of it's effects were well within my capacity to animate from home with no training. liking the model, i see it is sheridans old ship the agamemnon. the details so far are very good but a word of warning the markings would probably just be painted and marked on and so would not protrude from the surface. well done so far hope to see more of it, i also rather liked the starfuries(especiall the thunderbolt starfury) will yoy be modeeling a squadron to go with it?
    good job of lighting the hangar bay passage in the bow.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Agreed, not nearly enough B5 stuff here. The Omega has always been my favorite B5 ship, so I'll be watching this. Nice start!
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Guys :)
    the markings would probably just be painted and marked on and so would not protrude from the surface. well done so far hope to see more of it, i also rather liked the starfuries(especiall the thunderbolt starfury) will yoy be modeeling a squadron to go with it? .

I think i will accept your advice about painted marks.
    Yep i plan to make fighters too,i also have a plan for Hyperion class and Nova class(this one very easy from Omega class)
    I want some scene,with Babylon 5,i still have my old B5 model from 2008,but this not so great model...details a bit empty...so this sure need some update too.
    but at end...want typical B5 scene,in backround the station..Nova's,Hyperion's,Omega's arround in b5...(and maybe some minbari blue monster ships?:rolleyes:

Here the B5,i search so long time in my dvd's..finally find,so some fast render did :cool:
    100785.jpg100786.jpg
    nice model of the station, needs some texturing on the large smooth surfaces. cannot wait to see more.
    Some news on Omega front section
    100797.jpg100798.jpg
    continuing to be very good.
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    Don't forget that those two elongated oval structures underneath the hangar are actually energy mine launchers. The cannons on the side of the Omega's head are NOT its big guns :D
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see some B5 love on here. Goes together nicely with the batch of DS9 stations and related assets that sprung up all at once not long ago. Also nice to see someone tackle this beast, usually when someone does a B5 mesh it's either the station itself, a fighter or one of the alien vessels, so nice to see the Agamemnon finding its day to shine. Gotta throw one of my old B5 meshes in there too while we're on the subject.

Starfury_Render_01.jpg

:p

Oh, and for reference and the like for all things B5, hunt down the B5Scrolls, a website that a fan set up which just has an incredible amount of info, I'm not sure if it is still up actually, he was looking for funding to keep it running, but was a great guy and actually provided a link where you could download all the files from the website database giving any fan an invaluable research resource. Well worth seeking out if you're having trouble finding reference.

In fact here's the link: http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

Hope that's of use.
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Don't forget that those two elongated oval structures underneath the hangar are actually energy mine launchers. The cannons on the side of the Omega's head are NOT its big guns :D
    Energy mine lau....? I read some site thats some kind of weapon,but never see in b5 its they use,or i not see well the show?:lol:
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Nice to see some B5 love on here. Goes together nicely with the batch of DS9 stations and related assets that sprung up all at once not long ago. Also nice to see someone tackle this beast, usually when someone does a B5 mesh it's either the station itself, a fighter or one of the alien vessels, so nice to see the Agamemnon finding its day to shine. Gotta throw one of my old B5 meshes in there too while we're on the subject.

Oh, and for reference and the like for all things B5, hunt down the B5Scrolls, a website that a fan set up which just has an incredible amount of info, I'm not sure if it is still up actually, he was looking for funding to keep it running, but was a great guy and actually provided a link where you could download all the files from the website database giving any fan an invaluable research resource. Well worth seeking out if you're having trouble finding reference.

In fact here's the link: http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

Hope that's of use.

That starfury look so nice:thumb: One of the best spacefighters in Scifi theme....
    When my omega done...maybe i can use your starfury mesh on some scene?:)

Thanks the site link,seems usefull,there some nice stuff...lets start the day with some b5 stuff reading:P
    Gotta throw one of my old B5 meshes in there too while we're on the subject.

Starfury_Render_01.jpg

nice star fury.
    Cheers, yeah the Starfury is second only to the X-Wing as far as classic starfighter designs are concerned in my humble opinion. Especially with the Newtonian physics at play in the design of the manoeuvrability of the thing.

Sure you can use my Starfury, need to take another look at it though, did it years ago and just sunk a lot of elements into position, so want to revisit and rework the existing mesh so it's made properly with sound geometry. Once I've done that you'll be more than welcome to it.
    -=sAs=- wrote: »
    Energy mine lau....? I read some site thats some kind of weapon,but never see in b5 its they use,or i not see well the show?:lol:
    We never see the Omega fire them, but the Nova class does in one scene. check out the top Nova, it's firing two mines from the chin mounts:

27946531.jpg

99021835.jpg

These are almost exactly the same mounts we see on a Narn G'Quan cruiser, and it too fires em in the show.

Narn_Cruiser.jpg

Check out this, around the 1 minute mark:

Referenced by the actual designer, Paul Bryant. The Wiki article has his quotes, just like his remarks about the red hatches on the side of the ship being missile launchers, look under the "Designed, but never used" part of the wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_class_destroyer

Really, the Omega was not there to look pretty. It was there to kill you.
    Sure you can use my Starfury, need to take another look at it though, did it years ago and just sunk a lot of elements into position, so want to revisit and rework the existing mesh so it's made properly with sound geometry. Once I've done that you'll be more than welcome to it.

Thanks! Honorific to use :thumb:
    Mihoshi wrote: »

Referenced by the actual designer, Paul Bryant. The Wiki article has his quotes, just like his remarks about the red hatches on the side of the ship being missile launchers, look under the "Designed, but never used" part of the wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_class_destroyer

Really, the Omega was not there to look pretty. It was there to kill you.

I always think its some kind of breaking thrusters or smt retro thruster...:confused:
    Thanks this informations,i think i have some redesign in that Mine Launchers :lol:

Red hatch also suprise me,i thought sometime its a escape pod bay or smt like that.
    Well yeah, it would be good locations for retro-thrusters. But then again, the Omega can swing around in seconds, which is pretty darn good for something more than a mile long...

Seems like your mine launchers mainly need a different muzzle. You 've already got power feed lines to the back of em anyway.

And I would have killed for a scene where you can actually see the missiles being fired.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    babylon 5 is awesome, and that is from someone who first watched it only a few years ago long after many of it's effects were well within my capacity to animate from home with no training. liking the model, i see it is sheridans old ship the agamemnon. the details so far are very good but a word of warning the markings would probably just be painted and marked on and so would not protrude from the surface. well done so far hope to see more of it, i also rather liked the starfuries(especiall the thunderbolt starfury) will yoy be modeeling a squadron to go with it?
    good job of lighting the hangar bay passage in the bow.

I concur and noticed that immediately.
    Here some news on Omega class,started work on gravity section,and in front section Mine launchers are done!:cool:
    100847.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    This ship so reminds me of the Leonov. In a good way. I can't wait to see this baby finished.
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Wow that is progressing very nicely, will you model in the starfury bays too?
    Knight26 wrote: »
    Wow that is progressing very nicely, will you model in the starfury bays too?

I think this one not will,after this if done,i plan to make agamemnon battle damage version...same condition like in Endgame episode,many damage,holes :P
    Wow indeed, that is coming on great. I can picture my Starfury launching out of that bay already.

:thumb:
    This ship so reminds me of the Leonov. In a good way. I can't wait to see this baby finished.
    i believe it was based on the leonov from "2010 the year we make contact". the rotating gravity section is almost identical in shape. nice modelling but the outer sides of the gravity section really need some details to break up there smooth lines on a n otherwise blocky ship.
    i believe it was based on the leonov from "2010 the year we make contact". the rotating gravity section is almost identical in shape. nice modelling but the outer sides of the gravity section really need some details to break up there smooth lines on a n otherwise blocky ship.

Well,gravy section still work in progress,there will be more more details =)
    Some news on Omega,Gravy section done ! :P
    100860.jpg
    Nice! Just ploughing through this aren't ya?

:thumb:
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    :o Holly crap dude!!! That must be the best "Megy" I've seen before.
    awesome!!!
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Do you think you could post some orthos when you are done, to show all of her glory?
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I'm really curious to know what the inside of that ship looks like, I just remember a bridge shot or two from the series and maybe a recycled set or two.

And your model looks brilliant, btw!
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    COOOOOOOOOOL.