Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

can someone please help me

spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2013 in Looking for... #1
unless further problems come up for me please ignore the posts here as i have finally found a method of conversion from skp to blender. i am writing a tutorial on it for this site.

i have worked on some sketchup models but the method i used to export them through various formats into blender no longer works, the file (which is around 12 Mb once all the groups are exploded(they must be exploded for the output collada to work with blender)) i somewhat bigger than my computer can manage to export to collada through sketchup's own exporter causes skecthup to crash when i try to export it. can someone with a more powerful computer than mine please export it as a collada for me WITHOUT ANY GROUPS WHILST IT IS STILL IN SKETCHUP. literally all you would need to do is open the file in sketchup as it is and press export to collada(under options you should tick "triangulate all faces","export hidden geometry" and "export texture maps").
although i cannot pay i can offer you some modelling work in sketchup if you want it( we will need to discuss this in further detail), or there might be something else you want that i can(and am willing to) provide.
i can email you the file or provide you a link to download it, please help, thank you.
Post edited by spacefighter on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i managed to get part of the model out of sketchup but then blender crashed when i tried to import it, please help. maybe someone could export to obj for me, i have tried a script i found for it but sketchup still just crashes.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    unless further problems come up for me please ignore the above posts as i have finally found a method of conversion from skp to blender. i am writing a tutorial on it for this site.