Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DInterior (scifi?) design?

MobiusOneMobiusOne0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys, Haven't posted here for a long time. Hopefully you guys can let me know how I can improve this in any way from lighting to modeling, not too sure if I should add textures to this as I like to design something with plain colors (deep down I'm just lazy I think lol). My first time (as far as I can remember) using purple along with white in my design. Hopefully this is appropriate for this forum, some people said its nice but not realistic, so that has to be scifi!!! Lol

I know its a bit noisy still but I will render in higher sample once I think this is closer to completion.

Enjoy!
MobiusOne
100596.jpg
Post edited by MobiusOne on
Tagged:

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Scifi isnt always ships and space or super futuristic fringe for example
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    The stairs are unsafe. If someone falls there is a high probability of bruising and cuts because of the edges present by the additional steps on the side.

(Recommend creating an angle between the lower step and higher step and get rid of the excess steps. That maintains the artistic look without creating too much extra hazard.)
  • emacemac1 Posts: 0Member
    MobiusOne wrote: »
    Hopefully this is appropriate for this forum, some people said its nice but not realistic, so that has to be scifi!!!
    MobiusOne

By not realistic did they mean impractical?

Your steps would work well on a large scale structure where you have the slow grade steps, that make for an easy ascent, or the high grade steps for a quicker ascent. The design is found throughout the world, though most have some kind of delimitation between the two variants. But who wants to be safe? Maybe the designers eschewed safety in favor of affordability!

I like the render. The minimalistic design reminds me of all those remodeled office buildings found in Moscow or St. Petersburg, Russia. The boxy minimalism is not my cup of tea, though I really like the purple.

I might also point out that, while colbmista is correct, sometimes scifi is simply the weird interior remodel in the 1930's era building down the street.