Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

looking to talk to 3-D'ers about future work

Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2013 in Looking for... #1
I'm currently looking for at least one person to do some 3-D work for me (soon I hope). If you see someone posting "PM sent", do not think that i have stopped looking

Some of what I want does have 3 decent views to work from, some are nothing more that sketches with one or two views. I know that's not ideal for some of you so I thought I'd post that now.

at this time the majority of it is for SW & ST vessels but there may be some Real Military vehicles and parts as well

If you think you might be interested, PM me and must include sample shots to show some of your work

EDIT

this 3-D work is for masters to be grown from
Post edited by Odyssey Slipways on

• Wolvster1Wolvster10 Posts: 0Member
    I'd be willing to give a shot at whatever your looking at getting done ?

You have any specific formats in mind for these projects ?

Please feel free to shoot me an email here..

[email protected]

:D
  • just saw that i forgot to add something to my original posting and will edit it as well as put it here........

this 3-D work is for masters to be grown from
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Are you talking about 3D printing?
  • indianna500indianna5003 Posts: 0Member
    Hi, I havent been around for a while but interested in hearing abit more about what your after and your budget.

check out my site here - www.lee-ray.com

and a sample of an older model is in the downloads area - the ARC-170

Have a great Cnristmas/Holiday.

Lee
  • 3D printing, yes
  • turtleturtle0 Posts: 0Member
    so you will be using shapeways 3d printing? I would be interested in some SW and ST vessels?
  • as to using Shapeways, no, i don't expect to be.

as for OS's SW and ST vessels........ http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=89
  • Wolvster1Wolvster10 Posts: 0Member
    If your growing a pattern to be used in the production of a " garage kit " then
    Shapeways is probably the worst way to go ! Their resolutions for grown parts
    are not that high and require a good amount of clean up ! There are other
    shops that can do much nicer grows for a little more money.. ;)
    *Wolvster1:Shapeways lol k what other shops are there?

*Odyssey Slipways:So what ships and parts are you looking to do? I could model one for you as a test to show what i can do
  • trying to think of any single part i could use that you could try...... as for a small ship i'd have to look (only because i'm sure there's more than just a few on my ever growing list)
    trying to think of any single part i could use that you could try...... as for a small ship i'd have to look (only because i'm sure there's more than just a few on my ever growing list)
    ya i would say something small, would say that you could use some thing that you already have since you just looking for modelers then you can compare ones model with the practical model you have
  • I'm going to expand my horizon's a bit more. i'll be looking for some military vehicles as well, right now that looks to be vehicles like the Stryker (but stripped down) or 4 x 4, 6 x 6, 8 x 8, and 10 x 10's and then some separate details for them

now, if anyone has tried contacting me and hasn't heard back from me, please contact me again - specially if it was via email. i have been pretty busy exchanging a lot emails with a few people all ready and it wouldn't take long for an email to get buried.

all paid for work i have to account for........
    I expect a copy of the finished file......
    and i know there's something else i'm now forgetting.............
  • oh, and i haven't gotten any Email notices about PM's or Thread replies - guess SciFi and AOL doesn't mix well, so i'll try to check in daily
  • Turtle - you there?