Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dfighter

L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2013 in Work in Progress #1
hi folk. long time no new flying frying pan.

this one is far from being finished, but the shapes are there.

can you recognize it ?

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

and yes it will.
100309.jpg
100310.jpg
Post edited by L2K on
Tagged:

• Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Nice SV-51, are you going to to make it variable?
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    L2K wrote: »
    and yes it will.

:D :D :D
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I can see it turning into a robot.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    will be interested to see what this ends up looking like.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    will be interested to see what this ends up looking like.

A bird-man.

(in-joke, if you know the series)

You doing D.D. Ivanov's version, or Nora's? Or the version from Macross: The Ride, which was tricked out to an insane degree, including 'strip' flap/feathers along half the wing?
    dont know about this one. google doesnt seem to know much about it either.

can you post a few refs, to see the beast ?

about the paint job, i'm going for nora. i love her color scheme.
    i inspired from it to paint a viper squadron
    Gals01.jpg
    nice colour scheme looks like a centauri ship from babylon 5 with that colour scheme. it looks like the same yellow and purple.
    some more advances.
    now it gerwalk.
    some parts are still missing, obviously, but i wanted to see if i was on the right way.

variable fighters are a real bitch to uv because, or you map it front the sides, or you map it good piece by piece.
    you'll get errors both ways. from the sides, your uvs wont be good, and piece by piece, your continuity in the patern will be messed up. i wonder how they map them in the series.

i dont like my squad logo, i'll replace it by ivanovA’s.

04a.jpg
    05.jpg
    06.jpg
    07.jpg
    08.jpg
    09.jpg
    the fighter looks better from that angle than in your previous images, the robot also looks good but rather crazy(why have a fighter that transforms into a mech, when you could have some sort of fighter/gunship to do the same job). nice paint scheme and i do not see anything wrong with the squad logo although there may be alternatives that you prefer.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Are you not familar with Robotech's Veritech Fighters?

--
    Very original design. Looks like a conventional version of the Omega One.
    well, if it would be my very own design, i'd be damn proud.

unfortunately, its the sv 51 from the macross zero serie.

and its the sexiest variable fighter from the entire franchise.
    and you dont get to see it in the other series because, from the storyline, it lost against the vf-0, then were abandoned.
    they say it was more powerful, yet inferior, due to the complexity of their transformation.
    Is macross Zero new?
    I though Frontier was the last Macross series
    macross zero is nothing new. its from 2001-2002 i think.

the storyline is before the macross sdf being sent to space. they stay on earth and they have human-human conflicts.
    Must be more series than I first thought. I thought Macross plus was from the same time.
    Was it any good?
    Timeline of the Actual Macross Franchise:

Macross-0 (end of the UN wars, right before space war 1)
    SDF Macross (Space War 1, also known as the Robotech macross Saga, but is better then the RT version)
    Macross DYRL (In universe movie about SW1)
    Flashback 2012 (launch of Megaroad 1, in a music video)
    Macross Plus (20 yrs later about test pilots)
    Macross 7 (20+ yrs later, Max and Millia and their 7th daughter fighter evil space vampires with rock and roll)
    Macross Frontier (25 or 30 yrs after SW1, whol enew cast of characters fight eveil space crabs)
    Mac F Movies (retelling of the series)
    there was dynamite 7 too. althou we simply dont know when that arrives in the timeline. somewhere in between i guess.

well, to my taste, macross zero is the best they have made.

here's a little comp to put you in the ambiance.
    100144.jpg
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Dynamite AND Galaxy is calling me are side stories about Basara (so?) from Firebomber
    at first I thought that was the VF from frontier, til I actually read your post and got a closer look at it. nice work there
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    I'm guessing the whole vampires and rock N Roll thing wasn't too good...cause it doesn't sound good.
    So I guess the Skull Squadron logo goes further back than I thought. I used to think it started with Roy Fokker. He was my favorite character bar non (other than Captain Gloval)

This plane is SO advanced to be pre SW1. They should have used an F-4 Phantom design for the Veritech...that was the preeminent fighter before the Tomcat and it has a similar twin engine design good for variable transformation.

Ever think about designing your own L2K?
    macross seven isnt that good. except for the oav dynamite seven that includes old valkyries, space pirates, and space whales.
    you'll love macross zero. young roy focker on steroids, and the vf0 looks pretty much the same as the vf1, except they work on standard fuel.

overtechnology that the valkyries spawn from is supposed to arrived in the early 2000. and, macross zero is located in 2008. so, it doesnt looks impossible for me they made such a beast in 8years of development.

about creating my very own valkyrie, that wont be easy. so much parts moving and turning to make something functional in one object...
    doing a transforming robot isnt that hard. you make your vehicle, you make your robot, you salvage pieces of the machine and stick them on the bot, and the transformation is pretty much made by scale / opacity, and relies heavily on the motion blur.
    That SV-51 is coming along nicely.

yeah I forgot the Mac-7 spinoffs, most of which were better than 7 itself.

7 Isn't terrible, but could have done with a darker tone, but it was the 90s and a wierd era for anime. Honestly I watch it as a docu drama done by someone who is way too happy, who paints over all the bad things going on. It gets better towards the end when the tone darkens, but it never gets there you know?
    nah, M7 is way too hippie for me. the power of flowers and rock and roll to kick space vampires, nah. and those sound boosters are just dumb.
    but driving a huge space battlerobot with a guitar-stick is simply badass
    an ennemy that doesnt respond to my rock and roll ? # C minor !
    and shoots a macross missile massacre.

i liked milia painting her new stealth valkyrie in red, under the horrified other pilots. it's flashier this way !

well, some more advances on the robot mode.
    head isnt accurate and looks a bit like a spider. difficult to find refs.

10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    You asked about the Macross The Ride variant I mentioned back on the first page. I don't have many images of it, but here are links to a few. The images are from actual physical model kits that were kitbashed (Kawamori himself was supervising things) and then used in the storyline. It's roughly set 1 1/2 years prior to Macross Frontier, where various 'civilian' VFs are super-tuned into racers that deliver pretty much insanely high performance. The SV-51 supertuned model was named the 'SV-52γ Oryol', and has performance levels that exceed the YF-19's by a very wide margin.

Fighter:
    http://www.macrossnewhorizon.org/mediawiki/images/3/36/SV-52y-MTR1.jpg
    http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/animebooks-com_2249_449048439.jpg
    http://frameout.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-320.html
    http://www.tinami.com/view/455617

Battroid:
    http://www.macrossnewhorizon.org/mediawiki/images/4/44/SV-52y-MTR2.jpg

(If you search hard, especially at macrossworld, there are physical model images of a VF-9 in all three modes)
    interesting variant. kneecaps, wings, canards and head look different. rest is pretty much the same.

meanwhile, we have those little glass things on wingshoulders and hands. i suspect it to be some kind of searchlight.
    we also have some updates on the legs, langing gear, update on the feet, and hip guns.

here :

14.jpg
    15.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg
    and one more for today.
    cockpit glowy things.

20.jpg
    updates. doesnt look like much, but theres a fair amount of small adjustments.
    nose blades, nav lights, feet updates.
    next : gunpod and magazines, then cockpit and pilot.

21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg

21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg
    not sure i like the wing tip tanks/gun pods. move them further in or design gun pods that blend into the fuselage, maybe even ones that hang from below if there is space. otherwise you have some excellent detail there even if some parts look rather strange.

21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg
    not sure i like the wing tip tanks/gun pods. move them further in or design gun pods that blend into the fuselage, maybe even ones that hang from below if there is space. otherwise you have some excellent detail there even if some parts look rather strange. also either lighten the dark areas on the back of legs/top of engines or darken the rest of the fuselage. those black areas above and just infront of the engine nozzles really look quite unrealistic, i think it would look better if they were nearly the same shade as the rest of the body(the lowered shape is enough to show they are there), like in the earlier images where they are almost the same as the fuselage around them.
  • SakuraTakedaSakuraTakeda1 Posts: 0Member
    OOooooh! Shiny! :D I love it. I'm a big Macross fan. This looks really good. Of course it isn't the YF-19 (my favorite :P) But still, very impressive and surely fun to play with?
    spacefighter : design isnt mine. i wont change anything in it unless i deeply hate it. and theres extremely few things i hate in this plane.
    and the colors arent final, of course.
    see it in action here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-ChCaZzKo

sakura, it sure is :). but serious lack of references is a pain in the rectum. the model is a hybrid from pictures of various version of toys i managed to find. so it wont be 100% acurate.
    here, a gunpod with its double magazine. and starting the cockpit.
    except the hud, the dashboard doesnt show up in the serie. theres a few shots of the seat, and extremely few of the sticks
    but i dont think they did their cockpit with the external shape as a constraint.

edit : is it me, or the forums used to be a lot more active ? what happened ? everybody got kids at the same time ?

edit2 : a moderator to change to thread name to sv-51 variable flighter, please ?

24.jpg
    25.jpg
    26.jpg
    27.jpg
    28.jpg
    29.jpg