Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blendr mirror question

Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
I may need to mirror an object that it not in the center of the blender world space, and that I cannot move or change the shape of. When I but off the half I need to get rid of and try to mirror the front it places the mirror far behind the other half. I've tried changing the central point but I keep getting this, any advice of making the mirror match up to the original half without movie the original half at all?
Post edited by Judge Death. on
Tagged:

• McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    (At least) Two things could be going on here.

1) If you're using the Mirror modifier: though just changing the center point should do the trick and I'd advise poking at that some more (or post a screenshot or send me the object in question to look at), you can also use another object as the mirror axis, rather than the object's center point. For example, the warp nacelles on my Ambassador have two mirror modifiers applied. The first uses the half-nacelle's midpoint to mirror. The second uses the pylons to mirror the entirety of the port nacelle to the starboard side. Alternately, you can just place an Empty to use as a mirror object, too!

2) If you're using the Mirror command: Where's your cursor and what Pivot mode are you using? I tend to only use the Mirror command in Cursor Pivot mode, because it's a lot easier to control. With the Properties panel open in the 3D View (hit 'n' to toggle it on and off), you can precisely position the cursor wherever you need, and then execute your mirror operation.