Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

10 Forward and more

AmoreAmore0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2013 in Looking for... #1
Ok so first off I want to say I love all the meshes here, your are all so much more talented than I. But I have a request for a model. I have been trying for a long time now to find a good mesh of Ten Forward from Star Trek TNG, as well as the ready room.

Please if anyone has or is working on this could you post it? Also I am always looking for good Federation Bridge models. I use Poser and Studio Max mostly.

Thank you!
Post edited by Amore on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cannot gurantee you will find it but try searching:
    google 3d warehouse
    foundation3d.com
    scifi3d.com
    stblender
    trekmeshes
    hope this helps, all those sites contain large numbers of star trek ships for free download(only if you register for some of them) the one you want may be amongst them.
  • AmoreAmore0 Posts: 0Member
    There was one mesh of Ten Forward there however it was of very poor quality. :(
    sorry if that didn't help, if there is no other option(as in you cannot find one elsewhere) perhaps download that poor quality one and improve it. what is this 10 forward thing anyway, i did a google search but it brought up pictures of bridges(as in a ships bridge) not a ship.
    10 Forward is the main recreational Lounge of the Enterprise D from Star Trek TNG.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121209004830/memoryalpha/en/images/4/43/Ten_Forward_(lounge).jpg

http://cdnl.complex.com/m.php/CHANNEL_IMAGES/CITY_GUIDE/2012/07/the-50-coolest-fictional-bars/tenforward_resize_274473.jpg

Unfortunately I dont know how to convert it from a google file to studio max. I've tried several times but I just cant get it to switch over formats. Tried milkshape but it wouldn't work.
    is it in sketchup at the moment, i can tell you how to get it from there into 3ds/obj/collada if that would help. i use sketchup and blender for my 3d stuff, so i am not sure what formats poser and studio max will import but obj and 3ds are fairly common.
    Yes it is Sketch up. Studio will import most obj files poser will but is a bit more picky as to the types of obj. I prefer max anyway as poser doesn't edit the models well.
    ok right, have you got sketchup on your computer. you may need it to set the model up for conversion otherwise you will just have to convert and hope.
    I have to re install it but I do have it.
    ok then download the model and open in sketchup( unless you prefer to hunt around for a bit more and see if a better model is available). you will want to make sure that every face has the same material on both sides, because the conversion process will make every face have the same material on both sides, so make sure that both sides show the material you want. then any of the materials that do not have textures need you to assign a texture to them, do this by creating a small image in paint/etc which is just plain white(perhaps with a light grey dot somewhere on it). on the materials window find each material that lacks a texture then set this image as it's texture. finally move any slider(hue/shade/darkness) up one then down one again to restore the material to the correct colour. another question i need to ask is do you have blender? i may be closing this for the night soon so will not be posting anything more until morning.
    No I don't have blender but I can get it.
    I don't have Blender but I can get it
    Thank you I was able to figure it out from what you gave me. Thanks!!!!:D
    Thank you I was able to figure it out from what you gave me. Thanks!!!!
    double posting problems?
    glad to have helped, you got the model into your format in the end?
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Babylon3D can convert just about anything. Upload it and they'll send it back to you after registering . You will have a few free conversion.
    Saquist wrote: »
    Babylon3D can convert just about anything. Upload it and they'll send it back to you after registering . You will have a few free conversion.
    did you mean babel3d?
    that is one of the things i would have suggested had Amore not found a method, it is a very useful site to know about.